• Stephanie
    Hello everyone.. I have been buying hair toppers for 3 years now because my hair is baby fine & falls out a lot. I Love the way toppers look on me ,however they don't last more than 3 to 4 months, & they can be kinda pricey ($250 -$325). Has anyone bought a cheap wig and made it into a hair topper?
  • Megan Lasuzzo | Wigs.com Team
    I have watched two or three YouTube videos on doing this, but I'm too much of a chicken to actually do it! :lol:
  • KellyA
    I have. I did it from over thinning a wig. It lasts about the same if you are using a mono top wig.
  • linda
    Hello, I too use toppers. I have 3 that I rotate. However. I still have my first topper, and it's in great condition. Currently looking for a wavy topper. And I like the monofilament.
    would you mind sharing the brand you use?
    Linda
  • Katooshie
    I haven't done this YET but I do plan to do it in future! :) I am fearless when it comes to customizing pieces!
  • Tiramisu
    Hi..I wear toppers everyday and mine last several months. I do rotate between 2 usually, but still they seem to last for a good amount of time. I buy synthetic like Rene of Paris, Noriko or Jon renau. I wash them maybe every 7 to 10 days. I swish them in a sink with not much wig shampoo and I don’t let them sit in the shampoo. I don’t use conditioner, either. I love my toppers...I can’t wear wigs. They just don’t feel comfortable or secure and they are way too hot for me.
  • Moonlitnight
    Hi Tiramisu! I love toppers, however, I can't wear them any more. I couldn't find a wig that worked for me, appearance-wise and so got into toppers starting with the Milan from Noriko. I loved the freer feeling and the fact I could put my glasses on without poking into an ear tab. Then, I brushed the bio-fluff the wrong way one day and noticed a 2" bald patch where the front left clip had been. The clips always got caught in my hair, no matter which way I turned them, but I was careful not to pull my hair out. So I guess the day-in, day-out stress on the hair there caused it to either break off or come out, I am not sure which. So now I have my Milan and Belle Tress toppers and can't wear them.
  • Tiramisu
    Aw..too bad. What colors are your toppers?
  • Moonlitnight
    The Milan is creamy blonde and the Long Mono is Champagne with Apple Pie. I also have a disastrous piece of nonsense from Gabor that is called Sunlit Beige but is more white and looks like a cheap Hallowe'en piece. The Milan is getting a bit mangey looking now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.