• Sunset
    Hi, I just joined & was wondering what everyone's go to wig is. I'm just learning about lace front wigs, but I'm having a problem of them sliding back. I'm afraid to use glue because I do have bio hair, but it's super, duper baby fine. I don't want to tear out what I do have. Does anyone wear a wig grip with a lace front wig? I'm afraid it will show through. Would one of those keep it from sliding back?
  • Moonlitnight
    Hi Sunset and a huge welcome! I have super-duper babyfine biohair. There is a gel called Got2b Glued (in the yellow packing) that will not tear at your hair or the lacefront and by all accounts, it is brilliant. I am sure Katooshie here will add something about this. I have used a wig grip in the past and it gave me migraines. It did work and was very difficult to detect, except for with Raquel Welch wigs, where the lace front is very open along the part. I think your best bet is the non-glue glue. slipping. My favourite wig is the RW Spotlight Elite although I detest the HD fibre. What is yours?
  • Sunset
    Right now my favorite is the Drew wig by Jon Renau. Every time I wear it I receive loads of compliments. I never got compliments on my own bio hair, so it's nice but sometimes embarrassing. I never tell anyone it's a wig, I just say thank you. I got the spotlight elite about three months ago, and I'm so sad because it ended up looking dry & ratty on the ends. I sprayed the Renau detangler on it after each use, but it still did this. Now I cut it and it's a long Bob, so I can't wear it around most people because their used to me with a little bit longer hair. I haven't sprayed the detangler on Drew yet, and I'm wondering if I over did it with spotlight. I haven't really needed to use it on Drew, so I'm leaving it alone for now. I love the way the bang is cut on spotlight, and am sad I had to cut it. I leave my own hair hanging down under longer wigs, because I'm too lazy to pin it up, and because it's so darn fine it's difficult to keep up. I would think having my own bio hair underneath it would help save it because then the friction of the fibers aren't rubbing on my clothing. I didn't like how the front root line on Drew looked so dark, so I cut in a side bang to help disguise it & I ended up cutting the lace back because it was curling under. I also love my Ocean wig, but I snapped a few pics of me wearing it in a restaurant & was horrified to see hairs sticking up that pretty much says look I'm wearing a wig. I think the lace fronts on estitica wigs are the best. I haven't tried all brands though.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh dear...that RW HD fibre needs some serious adjustment. Mine looks like cr*p, all crispy and stiff and like really badly treated hair. Like you, I have babied mine. Drew looks lovely! I have a bit of a problem with JR blondes as they are very ashy or gold and there is no platinum shade. I put my Spotlight over my own hair as, if you have hair at the front, there is none at the back! I love the bang as well. it is very flattering. I thought the same about having my biohair hanging underneath would protect the faux hair but both my Milan topper and my Brandi wig are getting that rough-ends look. I am not sure people actually notice those hairs sticking up. My own hair has ends sticking up all the time, I'd like to believe where it is growing in, but I think it is breakage.

I have never noticed Drew before. I must go check to see what blondes it comes in.
  • Katooshie
    Hi sunset and welcome! I wear lace fronts and regular wigs using got2b glued hair gel to secure the front. It dissolves with water so when i am ready to take my wog off...i apply water to my hairline with a damp wash cloth. The gel dissolves quickly and my wig lifts off easily. I have had NO damage to my bio hair or wigs doing this. My go to wigs are Brie...Britney...and Lavender by Vivica Fox. I wear several different colors in these wigs very happily :)
  • BeautyWithin
    Welcome Sunset! I love my Cameron by Jon Renau in color 8rh14. I also have about a third of my bio hair left. I had the same problem before I got my velour wig grip. It made a huge difference in the sliding problem. I pin my bio hair back with a few flattish clips and the put on the wig grip. After that I place the wig on with the front against my forehead and pull back until it is secured over the back/bottom o the wig grip on the nape of my neck. I purchased the wig grip on Amazon. I am excited to hear you like the lace front on the Estetica line of wigs as I am waiting on the Samantha.
  • Sunset
    When I put on my Ocean wig by Estetica I never have once had to fool around with the lace front, it just molds onto my forehead perfectly. You cannot see it. It literally looks like the hair is coming right out of my head. I've heard others say they really love the estetica lace fronts also. I don't know what the Samantha wig looks like. I'll have to check that one out. Thanks for advise with the wig grip, I'll see about getting one & see how that works. I like the glue idea also, and if I can have it not pull my bio hair out I know I'd like that. I have some toppers I like, but the clips always hurt my head, and I haven't got the hair to lose. I'm wearing my Drew wig like it's a big topper & not having to wear clips, but as I said I'm having the sliding problem. If it isn't one thing it's another.
  • Sunset
    My Drew is in 14/26S10. I'm always told by people how pretty the color is. It matches perfectly on the ends with my bio hair. My first topper I bought, I was really ripped off with the price I was charged, was in this color. The lady in the wig store took one look at the ends of my hair & said I've got something that will match perfectly. She did me a favor with that, but I found the very same easi-part on line for three times less. I had trouble finding this color because the lady at the wig store wouldn't tell me what color it was!! It's a very pretty blonde, you might like it. The rooting isn't too dark, I bought another topper & won't wear it because the roots look like dark brown against the blonde. The Drew wig is also HD fiber, but after my experience with RW HD it's got to be a better fiber. I steamed one of my JW toppers & it really helped it. I should have tried steaming Spotlight, but sometimes I get frantic & start cutting. I just put on spotlight again because it's been sitting in my closet. It's nice as a long Bob, but that wasn't my intention. It looks a lot like my Haute wig now by Jon Renau that's also in 14/26S10. Spotlight is in Shaded wheat & is a pretty close match, but JR's has more of a brighter look that looks like I just stepped out of a beauty salon & had my hair weaved with blonde highlights. I also found JR HD is never shiny in the color I get. Not one bit. It was a little shiny on spotlight & I sprayed dry shampoo on it & it was OK. I was so in love with Spotlight, that I have a broken heart over what's happened to her now! The spotlight is also not an inexpensive wig. I paid close to $100.00 less for Drew. I hate to look at pictures of me wearing Spotlight when I first received her. Drew has helped ease my pain. I had to wait four months for Drew because she was on back order. I'm getting real tired of these wigs I want to order being told I have to wait four months.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Hi Sunset, welcome to the forums! I have three JR wigs in the same shade 14/26S/10, Kristen, Minka and Elle, and I have JR Heidi due to arrive tomorrow. I love that shade, I get compliments on it all the time, it's so pretty. Do you use a wig cap? I put my hair in a ponytail and tuck it up under the cap, it doesn't take any time at all. Got2B is great stuff, if you decide to try it get the yellow tube, not the black tube. A little goes a long way, I squeeze out about a pea sized amount, dab it just below my hairline, wait a couple of minutes so it will become tacky, press down on the lace front for about 30 seconds, and my wig doesn't budge until I take it off. I use a wet wash cloth to loosen the grip before taking it off, the glue is water soluble and I don't want to risk any damage to the lace front or my hairline.
  • Moonlitnight
    Spotlight's awful fibre is such a disappointment. I just washed mine. I am surprised the Golden Wheat was shiny as the Biscuit isn't and that is one of the reasons I like this wig so much. On Sunday, I will be taking a deep breath and having a go at thinning my Brandi. This is another beauty but no lace front. Why can't someone make the RIGHT wig in a light blonde colour using non-HD fibre? Grrrr.
  • Sunset
    No, I don't wear a wig cap when I wear Drew. I just put it on over my hair hanging down under it because it's the same length. If any of my bio hair shows, it's the same exact color so you can't tell. If I wear Haute in the same color then I put it in a low pony tail & then tuck it under the back. I'm going to have to get some got2B glue, I'm scared to try it. (LOL) Do you just press the wet wash cloth on the lace & hold it there for a bit then lift the wig off? Do you use a wig grip?
  • Sunset
    I have an Angelica partial mono in Spring Honey Rooted. No lace front, but it does match the color of my bio hair & is a pretty blonde that's not HD fiber. It doesn't really need a lace front & has a nice side bang & doesn't slide back on me. Angelica was way too thick for me. I've thinned it out & cut the length. It's more a wig I would wear in the winter. It is really HOT to wear. The fiber is holding up well & I wear Angelica with my bio hair hanging under it.
  • PinkEvie
    Hello Sunset and welcome, you have some lovely wigs, I especially like the Angelica.
  • Sunset
    Do you feel the Angelica wig is too thick? I had to thin it out because my hair is so baby fine that too much hair screams I'm wearing a wig. I ended up cutting mine in length also. I do like the fibers with Angelica though, they are really holding up well without any frizzing or looking like a burnt bush. I'm afraid I have a wig addiction, I want to order them all.(LOL) I really like lower density wigs, I was prepared to start thinning out Drew but I feel it's a very natural amount of hair, so I've only cut about two inches off the length. I order wigs regardless of length if I like the way the top is, because it's no problem to cut to the length to what I want. Does anyone have suggestions of lower density mid length wigs? It's really difficult to tell by looking at pictures.
  • Sunset
    Are the wigs you have HD fiber? I found the same color in the 14/26S10 in the non HD is a lot darker. Has this happened to you, or did I get a bad topper before?
  • KellyA
    I'm a JR toppor gal
  • Ali
    Hi Sunset and welcome. My favorite go to wig is JR Sarah (#1) and Zara (#2) in shade mocha. Both are synthetic and lace fronts. I love the hand tied cap and soft easy waves of Sarah. A bit pricey but if you wait for s sale it’s absolutely worth the extra $ if you ask me. I have been using a wig grip and find it works well without detection except it creates a ridge or bump in the back that although not visibly noticeable you can feel it. So that part I don’t like, nor am I crazy about yet another thing strapped around my head as summer approaches. I just purchased ‘It stays’, another water soluble glue product and am getting used to it. I have baby fine hair too and am concerned about it beingg pulled out but am glad to hear tips on this forum about using a damp cloth before removing the wig. I will try that! And yes, wigs are so addictive- especially when you get so many compliments right?
  • Katooshie
    Got2B glued is far less expensive than It Stays and a small tube of it goes a LONG way because you use about the size of 2 green peas to stick your wig on! I absolutely LOVE this stuff! My wig has stood up to jumping on the trampoline, standing in a wind storm, and even a Farrah Fawcett hair flip or two and it doesn't budge! If I liked roller coasters I feel totally confident to give that a go with this glue!

0ht6ndkusm4wh56d.png
  • Ali
    Next time Katooshie - and thank you for your wealth of wig knowledge and your willingness to share.
  • buckeyegal1963
    None of my JR wigs are HD, so I wouldn't know if they're darker than the HD fiber or not. I'm wearing JR Elle in my profile pic and just posted a thread with a pic of Heidi, for me the color is perfect, I wouldn't want it to be any blonder. Elle is also a midlength piece that doesn't have "too" much hair, at least in my opinion.
  • crazywiglady
    zoll8l67hbd2si09.jpg
    Hi and welcome! This is such a wonderful forum with the sweetest ladies! My go to wig right now is Jett by Estetica designs, it is short, sassy and super easy to wear and style. My issue is I have too many favorites, I love wigs!! Have a wonderful day and again, welcome!!
  • Sunset
    Thank you. I've watched some of your videos on youtube & love watching them. The Jett wig looks fabulous on you. I love wigs too, I feel like I'm addicted to them. (LOL)
  • Sunset
    I'm tempted to get the Elle wig now in that color. I don't want too blonde either. It can look really good on some women, but if it's too blonde it washes me out. I like the density of the Elle wig, I can't take too much hair.
  • Moonlitnight
    That looks just stunning on you. I love the way it gradually gets darker.
  • crazywiglady
    It is such a good one, I really am enjoying it..
  • crazywiglady
    Thank you, I agree it can be addicting..
  • amyonwigs
    In my video, I show how to work with your lace front and what products to use to prevent hair breakage and ruining the lace front. Hope this helps!
    https://youtu.be/pxOI7NHgwDM
  • Sunset
    Thanks for sending this, it is very helpful. :)
  • Moonlitnight
    Very helpful! :hearts:
  • amyonwigs
    <3 You're welcome!
  • amyonwigs
    You are so welcome!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!