• dc21
    On Jon Renau's Instagram, they are finally releasing new blondes July 2!!! For instance, 12fs8 will now be available in a 12 lighter root - 12fs12! I hope there are more colors. https://www.instagram.com/p/BkLiOMRHjuB/?hl=en

They show the colors on their YouTube channel. I like the Malibu blonde, which is warm. They also have platinum it appears too.
  • Moonlitnight
    YEEHAH! Now this IS good news! They must have actually listened to their customers. What a pleasant change. Added after watching: Unfortunately (DARN!) they have those orange/yellow roots before going to dark, made to look like a bad dye job. Gabor has the same. I just don't get this at all. Isn't this what we avoid like the plague? I hope they have them in unrooted but I am guessing they won't judging by the video.
  • dc21
    I wasn't as excited after I watched the YouTube video. I would like to see the Malibu in different light and styles.
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes. That yellow transition thing is just so yukky. If that was the first one, I didn't notice it there.
  • amyonwigs
    I will be doing a video on the new JR blondes in July. I will post a link! Hugs!
  • dc21
    Thanks, I am interested in Malibu blonde!
  • Vee1028
    can you link to the video please?
  • Moonlitnight
    Hi Amy! Do you know if there will be rootless versions?
  • amyonwigs
    I will be getting Victoria in the color Venice. I will show you all when I get her.
  • amyonwigs
    I believe they are all rooted--some to a greater degree than others. I will check with JR and see.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks so much. I don't mind a light brown or ash root but the yellow transition to dark looks like someone tried to bleach their hair at home. It makes no sense to me why anyone is doing this (Gabor is too). Those are gorgeous blondes that should look natural, and streaky. Do you know if JR will have samples to put on the colour wheel? I would like to add them. xo
  • buckeyegal1963
    I might be interested in the Malibu too, I think the others would be too cool in tone for me.
  • amyonwigs
    I just checked with JR, and yes, they are all rooted. I know that Venice has the darkest rooting.
  • Moonlitnight
    In case anyone is wondering what I mean by yellow or gold transition to darker roots, here's an example in a Gabor wig.

xjoocucmv7la231g.jpg
  • Vee1028
    thanks for the link. The colors really don't look ver natural, so they?
  • Vee1028
    I totally agree with you on those ugly roots. They look like some of the roots RW did on her Soft Shade blondes.
  • Moonlitnight
    I don't think I've seen those. Oh poop! Thanks for checking. xo
  • buckeyegal1963
    No they don't Vee, and for me anyway the rooting appears to dark for my liking other than the Malibu, which might be too blonde for me, tho it's a golden blonde, so might work.
  • Vee1028
    oooops....I was wrong. The orangey roots are on some Gabor blondes.

https://youtu.be/qv1XioiIizY
  • dc21
    I like warm blondes and am interested in Malibu. The YouTube video was a good production, but many of the styles looked wiggy on the models. Those cool blondes didn't look appealing at all. Overall, I am disappointed. I wish they would have concentrated on realistic rooting with lace fronts like RW with lighter knots in the front.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I'm in total agreement with your whole post dc21. Some of those styles weren't flattering in my opinion on the models, and they are beautiful women. Especially the model that was posing with a golf club, that shade and style made her look like a grandma and she's a young woman.
  • Katooshie
    That just looks so weird! Why on earth would they CHOOSE to do that?!
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, if you scroll up, I posted a pic of one of the Gabor's. You probably can't see that on your phone. I honestly don't get this at all. It looks cheap and nasty.
  • Moonlitnight
    I completely agree with you. Very disappointing.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have no idea. When you think that dark roots are the in thing, and represent a bleach job not being kept up (which is the current fad) why would you make a wig look like a double "oops!" by emulating some sort of poor home dye job?
  • Sunset
    I agree those roots look strange.
  • Moonlitnight
    ki45d0hzevulno63.jpg

They all have this rooting. If I'd gone to a colourist and they did this to my hair, they'd be correcting it pretty fast, or I'd be outside with a placard. Maybe this makes me OLD. :gasp:
  • Moonlitnight
    So another wig place now has a colour spotlight on all of these new colours. It's very good. The base colour on most is a golden brown (12) and there is no orange in between...that is just the lighting I guess. Still too hot for me but I found the videos fascinating.
  • dc21
    I liked her color spotlights on this new collection. It was a better representation than JR's YouTube video. However, JR is tone deaf. They still have the darker root color along the forehead. While Malibu appears warm, Heather says it is a mix of cool and warm. When she shows the hairline, I don't see the difference between Malibu's 12 root and the 10 root I wear in 14/26s10. I guess I will have to see it in person. I know you like ash blondes, but I need a dark, warm blonde preferably without roots. I have emailed JR requesting this, but apparently everyone wants ash blondes as evidenced by this collection. I don't look good in white blondes. I still can't figure out why they call an ash blonde collection their California collection. I am going to try Malibu to see how it looks I guess.
  • Moonlitnight
    Good morning dc21 I looked and analyzed and checked out the various shades on my JR colour wheel, including the roots, and I couldn't come to any conclusion. I wish she hadn't worn the Malibu as a Mila as I absolutely could not see the shading or colour tones and couldn't see how this could be defined as "golden" by JR. Laguna, I think, was the first Alessandra wig I sent back - 22F16 with roots. (Mine didn't have any roots and was a very dark ash). The Laguna looks OK but on the JR video those roots are so stark and it doesn't look natural/sunbleached in any way.
  • dc21
    Laguna blonde has a base of 24 which is golden. However, the overall color is an ash, white blonde because the 102 platinum highlights is predominant. The color code is FS24/102s12. To me, this is an ash blonde.
  • Moonlitnight
    I might, MIGHT try that one...
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Moonlitnight
    Do you have samples there yet, Alex?
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh yaaay! Yaaay! Excited! :starstruck:
  • Lolly
    Well I just ordered the Venice blond topper! Let’s hope they didn’t do the brassy roots on this one!
  • Moonlitnight
    The roots are an 8. I think it photographs a bit brassy but I have the color wheel here and it is really a medium brown. The others have lighter roots, which are more of a golden brown, except for Palm Springs, which is ash. Venice looks like a lot of fun! I am praying my Palm Springs won't be too greyish.
  • Lolly
    Thanks. I’ve started changing my hair color to 8 so it should work, if not I’ve got my Caliart pen to throw in a few low lights. Lol
  • Moonlitnight
    It sounds perfect for you. Hope to see some pics :)
  • BeatA
    Just wanted to chime in that realistically when women (who have hair) dye their hair blond and it grows out tjenroot usually has a pretty dark appearance unless the woman who dyes it already is a blonde. Most of the time that is not the case. So I have to say that the relatively dark root is pretty believable though sometimes maybe a bit too dark so maybe 10 is better than 8, but 12? Not sure. I got the Cameron in 12 FS8 and I just
    Love that color.
  • Moonlitnight
    12 is still pretty dark in my book. It is much darker than the root on my Belle Tress Champagne with Apple pie.
  • dc21
    I personally would like to see more blondes with 12 and 14 roots. If I have to wear an 8 root, I want the blonde in front like RW does so the knots are not so prominent. JR is my fav brand, but they haven't mastered the art of subtle rooting.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.