• Katooshie
    Has anyone else noticed your bio hair growing faster since starting to wear wigs? Mine is growing at an epic pace! Not sure if it's the fact that I am giving it a rest from colouring and heat styling (or maybe the wig makes a greenhouse effect...nice and warm in there!) :) How interesting to see that my bio hair is almost black! I've coloured it for so long I admit I have no idea what colour my bio hair actually is! Have a good day, friends! :)
  • Moonlitnight
    I can't say I have noticed this. I have a lot of falling going on at the moment though. It's funny you would mention black hairs. I was putting on my makeup this morning, wearing my Spotlight with the lovely pale hair at the lace front, and poking out from under the lace was a solitary black hair. My Scene Stealer has been in Customs for almost a week. The last time this happened, I got to pay over 30% in duty and taxes. :(
  • BeatA
    Nope, still bald! :lol:
  • buckeyegal1963
    My hair has always grown fairly fast, what I have noticed is that my bio hair feels a lot healthier than what it was. I'm sure giving my hair a break from coloring and heat tools these past couple of months since I've been wearing wigs has helped immensely. While I don't have any balding, my hair is on the thin/fine side and receding a bit at the temples. A couple of bad home dye jobs and daily use of a hot hair brush caused a lot of breakage around my head 1-2 inches from the roots in the crown and back, it looked awful. So I've been waiting for the broken hairs to get about chin length and go back to the salon for a cut. I'm loving how wearing wigs saves me so much time getting ready to head out the door and look way better than my bio hair ever will. Right now I'm wearing JR Heidi, I absolutely love her and there's no way even on my very best hair days in the past I could ever come close to achieving this look, it definitely ups my confidence factor. I don't have to worry that a breezy day is going to make me look like I had just walked through a wind tunnel. You know those model shots where their hair is being blown around by a fan, and they look sexy and beautiful? Well my hair looks like Donald Trumps does when it's windblown...NOT good! :rofl: So even when my hair gets back to like it was, I don't think I ever want to give up my wigs.
  • BeautyWithin
    Nope. Mine is actually getting worse. Not sure if that is due to thyroid hormone issues or some friction and additional pulling on what's left from wearing a wig. Either way I'm happy with my wigs and I have given up on my bio hair. Too much stress worrying about it growing back and falling out and growing back and falling out.
  • Sunset
    The last thing I would see is a black hair, my natural hair color is WHITE if i don't color it. It's hard for me to keep color in my hair, even after coloring it blonde I either am putting a rinse on it, or I spray root spray on it so the white isn't showing. This is another reason why I wear wigs or toppers. I have a solid white bob wig, and I'm shocked that several men I know said I looked hot in it. (LOL) I only got it as a joke for my grand children. My daughter loves it, but my oldest grand daughter said she doesn't like it because she doesn't want her gammy having white hair. (ha ha) My hair grows really fast, but never grows in thicker.
  • Moonlitnight
    My natural colour is strawberry blonde (now platinum) so I have no idea why this black hair is suddenly growing. Love the idea of the guys thinking the white is hot :)
  • Sunset
    I know I was surprised at their reaction.
  • Iris
    Since wearing wigs my hair is growing back and it is now wavy and very dark. My entire life it has always been poker straight and blonde. I'm not complaining I will take it any way it grows!
  • Katooshie
    same here...given up on bio fluff. Even tho its growing faster its still fine and thin and now an ugly color since i can't be bothered colouring it!
  • PinkEvie
    My hair is growing much faster, but compared to the wigs, it looks awful, so wiry and because I am unable to use hot tools to style it, it looks awful, I don't even know why I am bothering to grow it, think it started when I wanted to try a clip on pony tail and wanted my hair long enough to take up for the clip.

My roots are black now and I was born with white hair. Strange.
  • Moonlitnight
    This black hair thing seems to be common. Is everyone taking a lot of b-vitamins?
  • Katooshie
    yes vitamins every day: msm...vit c and a good multi
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Moonlitnight
    I asked that as the B-vitamins can maintain or restore hair colour. Maybe they are working overtime hence the darker hair. I did look up the source for the advice re eucalyptus and rosemary and they are simply two of 1000 substances that were checked by a researcher to see if they could regenerate hair growth. Nothing more exciting, I'm afraid. No connection to catch-scratch disease..
  • Moonlitnight
    It's great for the skin. I should make a poultice of it for my neck... That cosmetic surgeon is edging closer!
  • PinkEvie
    I do take a vitamin that I have to keep in the fridge and take 2 a day for the crohns disease I suffer from, so you may be right, even my hair dresser was shocked at how dark my roots are getting.
  • Moonlitnight
    Is it from the B-complex?
  • PinkEvie
    It's called Ketovite and I should take 3 a day, but only manage 2. It says on the info it is a theraputic vitamin supplement for people who have gastric problems, it does look like a lot of B vits and Folic Acide.
  • Moonlitnight
    That may be why :) I started taking riboflavin for my migraines (it hasn't helped) and my fluffstylist told me my hair is going black at the nape.
  • PinkEvie
    now that makes sense, I just couldn't work out why it has gone so dark, I kept wondering if it was all the drugs given to me when I was in a coma all those years ago, may be I should go for dark wigs instead of my usual blonde????
  • Moonlitnight
    You could always try (but I love you in blonde).
  • PinkEvie
    so does my husband, I have been most colours and he has always moaned as to why I try all those colours when blonde is my colour!!! I was born blonde, so I suppose nature knows best.
  • Moonlitnight
    Lighter shades really suit your colouring. xo
  • PinkEvie
    Thanks, blonde it is then.
  • Katooshie
    WOW! Super good for you! I learned about MSM while working on solving the riddle of chronic illness with my FB research group. MSM (organic sulfur) is missing from our food chain because of crappy factory farming, yet it is necessary for over 150 processes in the body! Do you take Vitamin C to go with it?
  • Deleted User
  • Katooshie
    I knew you are smart, but now I think you are transitioning into my genius category. Very few attain that honour! :)
  • Deleted User
  • Katooshie
    No wonder you're so handsome! :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.