• A7X
    I have looked at Tousled Bob, but not pulled the trigger yet. Stop Traffic seems to last pretty long, I've been wearing wigs since August 2018 and I now have four of the Stop Traffic. One is new and I haven't worn it yet, one I'm trying to revive via steaming and curling since it's getting clumpy, one I'm actively wearing, and one is my "around the house" wig since it's not rooted and I don't feel like it looks as good. I probably didn't need to buy so many, but one I bought on ebay for $100 or so and most were around $150ish - I'm just not expert enough (yet) to keep them looking great. Some people say their wigs last them for years! I rationalize that I used to have my bio hair cut and colored for around $140 every 8 weeks, so I'm actually saving money on my hair using wigs.
  • animallover
    Thanks for the reply! I have 2 wigs that I've "played" with....one I added roots to ( it was a very blond unrooted color) and one I added pink highlights to ( it is a rooted wheat blonde color) I wear the pink highlighted one quite often and I wear the one I rooted with light brown in the summer as it is more of a pixie cut. Both came out great. I bought a package of colored markers, soaked the inside cartridge in a small amount of water in a small spray bottle overnight. I rooted one wig by turning it inside out and spraying the inside cap very slightly and kept checking for roots. The pink one I sectioned the hair and sprayed lightly for light pink but later went back and sprayed to a little darker pink. It was fun and is fun to wear! Just thought I'd mention it in case you ever feel adventurous!
  • Larry
    I think it looks great on you. Based on the photograph I'd say the color goes well with your skin tones, and simply put the cut flatters your facial features.
    God bless,
    Larry
  • A7X
    Thanks for that tip - I would love a pink highlighted wig! I keep looking for one but it's good to know I can make one if I want to!
  • polkadot222
    I LOVE Stop Traffic. I wore it for 2-1/2 years in 3 different colours. I still have one more in the box. The manufacturer's photo is definitely not what the wig actually looks like when you get it. It has soft waves, not frizzy looking. I pluck the mono crown so the monofilament really shows and then I dab in loose face power or light skin toned eyeshadow to make it look even more like my scalp. I have stopped wearing it as being like so many wig wearers, I wanted to try something different.
  • A7X
    what did you end up trying?
  • animallover
    I am so close to pulling the trigger for Stop Traffic in my cart today....the only thing that worries me is the reviews that say it is way too shiny, even after washing and/or dry shampoo.. Since you own so many, do you find this an issue? Thanks
  • A7X
    I don't have an issue - I do spray them with dry shampoo to cut the shine, but after a while, it's not a problem anymore. The ones I get are rooted (except for one, but I added roots to it), so I think that adds an element of natural that counteracts any shininess, if that makes sense.
  • A7X
    After I get cleaned up, I'll see if I can post some pics of the three I currently have.
  • linda
    I look forward to seeing them.
    Linda
  • A7X
    7gymuwxl30exnxsg.jpeg
    u2p4ol6d915x0oz8.jpeg
    btsxjlykg296q5wv.jpeg
    k2gaocixcmyqwaz8.jpeg
    epjrx7pd635uy1kg.jpeg
    These pictures kind of went in and out of order, but these are the three wigs that I have. From left to right, the newest to the oldest. The oldest one looks straight because I have steamed it but haven’t steamed curls into it. The picture of me is wearing the newest one in natural sunlight. I don’t think they are that shiny, but you can be the judge. All of these wigs are SS 14/88. Hope this helps!
  • linda
    WOW it looks beautiful and very natural.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Linda
  • Larry
    I think you look lovely.
    Every once in a while a person gets a wig that really suits them. I think for you, this is one of those wigs.
    Thanks for letting us see you. I for one, love watching when a woman finds yet another way to express her beauty.
    Larry
  • animallover
    Thank you so much for taking the time to post these pics. First, what age did you say you were????!!! You must have typed it wrong once because you can not be more than 35!!! You are a natural beauty and Stop Traffic is just absolutely perfect for you. The color is what I wear in my Hairdo wig and I love that color. Stop Traffic looks so different in the pics you posted than it does in the stock photos. I had changed my mind but now I am seriously looking at it again. Once again, thanks so much for sharing!!
  • linda
    Yes, thank you. And I agree you are a natural beauty.
    Now I am seriously considering Stop Traffic. Did you trim or cut in the bangs?
    It just really natural looking.

I have a question about size. Ive viewed the videos on how to measure one's head. But when it comes to finding the information on "wigs spec's" Im not finding it...must be looking in all the wrong places.
    Please help.
    Thanks.
    Linda
  • A7X
    *blushes* Thank you both! I agree that Stop Traffic looks way different/better than in the stock photos. I have four of them now, they have slight differences in curl pattern but generally they look the same overall. I find that I have to spray it down with dry shampoo, then get into the roots with my fingers and mess it up a bit. Taz from Taz' wig closet gives a lot of tips on how to make a synthetic wig look better and I follow her advice. This wig in particular looks better if it's a little tousled.

I didn't cut bangs, the wig comes with bangs but on occasion, I've had to trim a section that was hanging in my eye.

About measuring the head or finding measurements - this is what I found on the web. Stop Traffic is "average wig cap size". Average wig cap size: Between 54cm to 57cm (21.25 to 22.5 inches) – We would say about 90% of our customers are an average wig size, so you will find that there is more of a choice if you are measuring within this size. Petite wig cap size: Between 51cm and 54cm (20 to 21.25 inches).
  • linda
    Thank you for the information. I measure 23” By the end of my day it’s time to take it off along with the bra. LoL!
    Currently I find Rene of Paris to be super comfortable. But I love Ellen Welle, but understand her wigs run on the smaller side.
    Thanks again.
    Linds
  • polkadot222
    I wear Estetica Sage, Gabor Timeless Beauty and Gabor Soft and Subtle. I still love Stop Traffic though, just find I need something more mature.
  • animallover
    I did it....I finally ordered Stop Traffic! It was on a 40 percent off sale and I had a credit so I can justify to myself for the purchase at this time LOL. It is in a different shade and whole different color realm that I usually wear but I am finding that the blonde that I am wearing is kind of washing me out. I don't know if it because of lack of sun through the winter.
    Hope you are doing well through this difficult time.
  • linda
    What color did you get with Stop Traffic?
    Linda
  • animallover
    I got SS30/28 Spice. I have been wearing Shaded Golden Wheat for the last 2 years so it is quite a change.
    I received my Stop Traffic yesterday and I love the style and the color! The color is really gorgeous. I must say also that the stock photos do not do this wig justice at all. My husband loves it and I sent a pic to two friends who just thought it was adorable and my brother who said, " You look like a movie star!!" LOL
    I love the color and think it goes much better with my skin tone. It's funny but it seems that my skin tone has changed...?? !! Now I have to transition from my Textured Fringe Bob in blonde to Stop Traffic in red!

Thank you again for posting pics!!
  • linda
    animallover, Thanks for the reply. I think Stop Traffic looks so pretty on A7X and RW photos.
    However, when I view the on line videos of Stop Traffic it looks scraggly and nothing like A7X, or RW photos. So I have to ask, which is the real deal?
    I do not like spending longer than a minute styling my hair:) That's the benefit of wearing a wig. Ok, one of many.
  • animallover
    I would say it is more shaggy. It reminds me a little of a shoulder length shag that I had a long, long time ago. It is kind of a messy no fuss look and I wore it right out of the box and fluffed with my fingers. I do not have time to fuss with wigs so I like my wigs shake and go or fluff and go. No styling products, etc... I don't wear make up, maybe a little mascara once in while, so I like wigs that look good without makeup and for me this one fits the bill. ave you seen the utube video - Canada Wig Reviews Stop Traffic in SS28/30? It is a pretty accurate look of the wig and it is also the color I ordered. Taz's review of Stop Traffic is pretty accurate as well. I do find the color I selected is not shiny at all, which is a plus. Hope this helps!
  • linda
    Ok thank you. This is really good to know.
    L
  • Samantha
    Hi! I love Stop Traffic, and I wear the same color you ordered, which is gorgeous! It’s my fun, not at work hair, and what I wear on the bike. Comfortable, too!
  • animallover
    Hi Samantha! I am loving Stop Traffic, it is indeed very comfortable and I agree, the color is gorgeous! Especially the brilliant highlights in the sunshine!
    The only thing I don't care for, and it isn't just Stop Traffic, is the tangles of the longer wigs....I usually wear shorter wigs that don't tangle and I love that. But that being said, I am finding that Stop Traffic doesn't tangle as nearly as much as my other shoulder length wigs, in fact, my Play It Straight by RW, doesn't tangle much either. Kendall, by HM, well, I can't even wear that one, it literally fell apart after the 3rd wear. I love Stop Traffic's fibers too!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.