• buckeyegal1963
    Wow she has a lot of bio hair! Oh to have hair like that! I only use a pea sized amount myself, just under my hairline, I don't put it all over my head like she does. But I don't want a 3 day hold either, my pea sized amount works for me to give a secure all day hold, maybe if I was doing something extra active I'd use two, my pieces fit me pretty securely already, but I like the additional assurance that it won't budge if I get a little sweaty or if it's a really windy day.
  • Moonlitnight
    Yup. Mine today was pea sized (and still holding up, even though I'm not).
  • buckeyegal1963
    Yay! I'm glad you finally got it, and I'm sure much more comfortable than wearing your wig grip.
  • Moonlitnight
    Definitely. It did actually come loose a few minutes ago, but I was twiddling with my hair. I only put a pea-size on, like you, and not to a lacefront.
  • buckeyegal1963
    You can always use a little more if necessary. Some people layer the glue, I think they let the first layer mostly dry than apply and additional layer or two. The pea sized amount has worked for me so far. The woman in the youtube video used a ton of the stuff, but I don't want a multiple day hold, I want to let my hair breath and take my wig off every night.
  • Katooshie
    I put a layer under the wig cap along my hairline then lay the wig cap onto that layer once its tacky. This sticks the wig cap to my head. I put a second layer on the wig cap where my hairline would be. When this gets tacky i lay the hair on it. With this method i could easily see my hair staying on for days if i wanted to leave it on. I glued a wig comb into the back of my wigs using crazy glue. Once dried the wig combs never come off. With the got2b in front and the wig comb in back this hair is so secure i doubt anything could take it off other than jumping in water. When i sweat the glue loosens a bit but it also stays tacky so i just press my hair back into the sweat tacky glue and it bolts right back down :)
  • Moonlitnight
    Me too9. I am just making up a potion to dab on my biohair 2x a day: green tea/ACV/rosemary essence
  • buckeyegal1963
    I have all of those ingredients, I should give this a try. I've also read black cumin seed oil is supposed to help as well. I also have that, I was taking a tablespoon a day for all the health benefits, but I haven't been lately, it's sitting in the fridge. I never tried massaging it into my scalp, maybe I should give that a go as well. I love natural/holistic remedies, I have about 30 different essential oils I either use with a diffuser or sometimes diluted orally. At the first sign of feeling sick, I'll start with essential oregano oil, which is extremely nasty tasting, it's very powerful and has to be extremely diluted down, but it usually kicks whatever bug is in me right out.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have the black cumin oil in the fridge as well! EOO is very good for kicking out bugs.
  • buckeyegal1963
    My family and friends tease me that I'm a witch with all of my potions, lol. EOO , eucalyptus essential oil,and colloidal silver are my go to's when I'm under the weather. Lavender essential oil and arnica for my bumps, bruises and scrapes (seriously, I'm a klutz) peppermint eo for nausea, also supposed to be good for headaches which I don't get often thank goodness. Have you tried peppermint eo or helichrysum eo for your migraines? I'm sure you probably have. As I said I have probably 30 different essential oils, I have a natural pharmacy.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have used heliochrysum oil on my skin but not for migraines. I take colloidal silver three times a week. It's called Sovereign Silver. I also use it for my doggies' ailments. There's a lot of arnica around my place as well :blush:
  • buckeyegal1963
    I have a colloidal silver generator and make my own, it's way cheaper, and it kinda makes me feel like a scientist making my various potions, or a witch lol. I also make my own body butters and face cream. I haven't tried soap making yet, but I want to give that a try someday.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh that sounds like fun! I'd like to concoct something to get rid of neck wrinkles.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I put a few drops of carrot seed oil, frankincense eo, and use rose hip oil as one of my carrier oils in my creams. They're supposed to have anti-aging properties. While my skin is pretty good, it hasn't helped my tear trough area, nothing has. They're not really wrinkled, but looking more sunken in, I guess that's due to facial fat loss that occurs as we get older, bleh.
  • Moonlitnight
    I associate that name with Jobst suits for burn victims. I wonder if it is the same firm.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.