• Sunset
    Has anyone had a wig they ordered ever stolen from their porch? Luckily when I was told my Fiery wig could be sent out last week, I told them to hold off sending it & have it arrive yesterday on Wednesday. Otherwise it was going to arrive on Saturday when I was out of state. When I arrived home I saw a small box sitting on the chair on my porch ripped open & nothing inside. The neighbor lady sent me an email saying another neighbor found the empty box thrown up onto her front lawn. They put it on my porch. If my wig had been delivered on Saturday it would have been stolen!!! My girlfriend asked me if I received this face cream she had sent me, and I told her what happened. She feels terrible this happened & had spent $60.00 on it. My email said my Fiery wig was scheduled to arrive yesterday, & I was waiting by my front door so it wouldn't sit out on my porch for even a minute. I even stepped out when I saw the mail lady putting mail in my mailbox fearing she didn't have my wig. I was so happy when she pulled the box out. Now I'm scared to order wigs, but I don't want to stop ordering them. I'm hearing more & more of people having packages stolen of their front porches.
  • PinkEvie
    That is so awful, I hate lying and stealing, such a disgusting thing to do to any one.

Could you not have a letter box put in your door like we do here in Britain, most things are pushed through the door and if not, we have to leave a message to leave it with a neighbourgh.

You deserve a hug. xx :hearts:
  • PinkEvie
    Just love the way you find a laugh in most things, very funny.
  • Sunset
    I live in a real nice, quiet neighborhood. I've heard of this happening to people in all neighborhoods anymore unfortunately. Where I used to live the house had a huge porch with walls around the front, so packages could easily be slid behind the wall & not be seen from the street. My porch here is more exposed, I'd love to have a nice, big porch built here but that I'm sure that would cost a lot of money. This is the very first time this has happened to me, something must have alerted me to tell the wig place to not send my wig until I returned. I feel bad for my girlfriend to have ordered me this as a gift & spend the money, and then for me not to even get it. I'm happy I got my wig yesterday & that I was here.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh my. How bizarre and frightening. It tends to be the opposite in my hood, with everyone watching out for each other's mail but this place is slow in catching on... :rofl:
  • Sunset
    It's embarrassing the neighbors saw this was for some anti-aging face cream. I would have been even more embarrassed if they had found out it was a wig I ordered, and been totally devastated to have had it stolen that most likely the thief couldn't even use. I'm just wondering what happens with all these people now having packages stolen? Do they just lose out on all that money they spent?
  • Moonlitnight
    I guess so. Were these delivered by USPS or a courier?
  • Sunset
    They were delivered by USPS.
  • Katooshie
    Have you ever seen videos of people who put explosive packages on their patios for thieves?
  • Katooshie
    there are so many low life $hits in this world. Get a freaking JOB that doesnt include stealing wigs! Geeez
  • Moonlitnight
    Isn't their mandate to deliver to a mailbox or the local post office?
  • Sunset
    No, I haven't seen those. That's scary.
  • Sunset
    First it goes to the post office then just left on people's porches. I didn't even know my friend had sent me a package. That was really sweet of her to do, and I feel bad she not only paid for this for me & then paid a lot for postage.
  • Sunset
    That's a funny video. What lowlifes to drive around neighborhoods looking for packages on people's porches. I would bet a lot of the times once they open packages it's not even something they can use or even sell.
  • Vee1028
    porch thieves have gotten really bad in some areas recently. I've never had one taken but my porch can't be seen from the street because of sage bushes and roses. Thieves ride around looking and if they can't see a package they won't stop. Try to make it harder to see your door from the road.
    Also, if you are really concerned, do what my boyfriend did for years when he lived alone and traveled all the time. Rent a box at a near by Mail boxes Are Us or Mail store. Then when you order anything online use that address.
  • Shar W
    That is awful. It happened here in the Twin Cites over Christmas a lot. But I haven't seen anything on the news lately, but I am sure its still happening. I agree with about renting a box. Unfortunately, that's what we need to do to protect our mail.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • BeatA
    But wigs.com
    Sends it via UPS and they require a signature so they don’t leave it on your porch, so that’s another good reason to go with wigs.com!
  • Vee1028
    I have never had to sign for any of my packages. At least not in 15 years. They ring the doorbell and are back in their truck and gone before I get to the door.
  • Moonlitnight
    hahaha same here when it's not something requiring the collection of taxes. There is a whack on the door, the dogs go hysterical, and I see a trail of dust heading towards the highway.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I've never had to sign for any of mine either, and I don't even think they knocked or rang the doorbell, I've only been home once when one of my wiigs was delivered. Luckily I've never had a package stolen either from this site or Amazon.
  • BeatA
    Wow really because I wish they would
    Just leave them. They don’t they require a signature. So if I know I won’t be home I twll ups to divert it to one of their collection centers. And there I have to bring ID otherwise they won’t give it to me.
  • dc21
    Did you ever have a claim with UPS that you never received a package they say they left at your house? Once someone puts in a claim, they always require a signature for all deliveries after that, they won't just leave them. That is what UPS told us when we called and told them we didn't receive a package that tracking and their driver said was left over our gate. It turns out my son picked it up on his way in and forgot to tell us, luckily it was in his car.
  • BeatA
    nope never did. Maybe my husband did I’ll Have to ask him.
  • PhyllisB
    My sister recently ordered a wig from wigs.com and it had to be signed for. I think she said that it was delivered by UPS. She asked me if signing for it was the norm; I haven't ordered in a while so I thought maybe they changed their policy. She also lives in an apartment complex so maybe that made a difference also.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.