• Sunset
    I have two of them, one still sitting in a box waiting as a spare. I have it on now, and the HD fibers are holding up really well. I don't get it, how could they be so bad on the beautiful wig Spotlight & OK with her topper? The toppers are half the price of spotlight. I was putting the HD spray on spotlight after each use, and frankly I felt I must have overused it. It started to look dirty on the ends so I dipped the ends into some baby shampoo & let it air dry. It looked much cleaner, but I continued combing through after each time of wearing it with the HD spray. I NEVER have even used it on the top billing, and never once used it on my Drew wig that are both HD. I saw on another forum someone saying she thought she overused the JR HD spray, and this MAY have contributed to how short of a time I had spotlight before she became a dried out matted mess. Maybe that's not it though. I'm not going to use this HD spray unless I see tangling & drying on top billing, Drew or Fiery. Otherwise I most likely will steam them when the time arrives where it looks like it needs it. I did this on several JR toppers, and it did help. One of them, because I didn't know better I used a regular hair brush & used regular cheap shampoo, yet when I steamed it, it looked much nicer. I saw also on the other forum, forget which one, where a lady was saying she'd had her HD wig, don't know which one, & it was still looking good two years later. Not sure how often she wore it, because that makes a difference. I do like how the HD fiber doesn't look shiny & the blonde shades are more vibrant.
  • Moonlitnight
    Hmm. How weird. I don't think your theory—albeit a good one—of the hair underneath protecting the fibre, is the case. Here's why: I have a Noriko Milan topper in regular fibre.I wore it on and off for six weeks or so, then noticed that the ends on one side were doing a Spotlight - and really badly. At the same time, I noticed the clips were pulling my biohair out, so I stopped wearing it. How weird is that? I used the JR spray-in conditioner every time I took it off.
  • Sunset
    I'm surprised this happened with the Noriko fiber. I have the Angelica wig that I cut to about three inches past my shoulders. I have had to thin it out a lot, it was just too much hair for me. It's not HD, & don't know if the Milan is HD, but the fiber on this Angelica wig is really holding up well. In fact, I may do some more thinning on it. It is really a very HOT wig to wear, so I'm only going to wear it in the winter.

Well, my theory of protecting the HD fiber with Spotlight sure didn't work, don't know if this is helping with Drew or my top billing topper. It's strange how those HD fibers are holding up. I've heard there's some wigs mixed with both the HD fiber & human hair in the back to protect them from fraying, but they are really expensive. It's ridiculous!! If I was to spend that much money I want it 100% Remy hair. I'm on the look out for a great HH wig, but worry about spending that much money & it not being good HH. I saw a review on the Nicole HH wig by Jon Renau, and some woman said it held up for about a month & then looked trashed. I would really be mad to spend that much & not even have it hold up as long as a synthetic wig.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have Angelica too (the regular top one) I wear it around the house as it is really insanely long and I can see the wefts. NO FRAYING. Will the mystery ever be unravelled? I guess you have the Angelica mono because mine is very thin. I am sometimes tempted to get the mono for updos.

Now it is upsetting to hear about the Nicole HH. I would be mad too. I read a review on the Blake where someone said it became one huge dreadlock after washing. I assume they were not doing something right! I really would love the EW Obsession but I've been talking to a couple of Canadian wig places to see if anyone had the EW HH wheel for sale and they don't. However, they both said it was very warm in colour. I imagine it would be like BT's Champagne and Apple Pie and I'm not ecstatic about that colour. It is a "nothing" colour if you know what I mean. Have you tried Envyhair HH/synthetic mix? I hear from our lovely @BeatA that it is very good.
  • Sunset
    No, I haven't tried any Envy wigs YET. I'm sure I will since I'm so obsessed.

My Angelica is the mono top. It's a pretty blonde shade in spring honey & it's rooted. It doesn't look highlighted though in the same way like the 14/26S10 in Jon Renau that I love & get many compliments on. I'm kind of scared to try the EW wigs because my head size is average size, and it sounds like hers run small. I always wanted to get Arrow by her, I think that looks like a pretty wig, but saw some reviews it didn't hold up long. Oh brother, the cost of these wigs is way too much to not have them hold up for very long. This is why I have so many so I can switch around.
  • Moonlitnight
    I read that you can see the wefts at the back of Arrow. The Obsession HH wig has an average size cap.
  • Sunset
    Have you read any reviews about Obsession? It looks beautiful. Yea, thanks for the heads up about Arrow, I sure wouldn't want to see wefts in the back.
  • dc21
    Milano and Clarys have good reviews. I want to try HH sometime too. I love my JR synthetic styles, but their HH doesn't get good reviews. I want to be blonde and that will require a lot of processing and most likely decrease the life span.
  • Moonlitnight
    That's the problem with HH processed to blonde: It is weakened and denatures fast. Yes, I have, and they are good but they don't do their Light Champagne Rooted HH in this style, only Champagne Rooted and is is very warm.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.