• Grama Bee
    I've been wearing short wigs full time for over 9 years. I'm 68 and my hair is thin now. It's difficult to make it look nice. I've worn Raquel Welch, Jon Reneau, Envy, Estetica, and Noriko. It seems that every time I find a great wig, it gets discontinued. I guess "grandma" hair isn't as popular as hair for you younger gals. It's certainly discouraging! I'm currently wearing Bryn by Envy and I pray they won't discontinue it!
  • dc21
    Jon Renau discontinued Ciara this year, which I loved. It had only been released a few seasons ago too. Estetica will release and discontinue a style in the same year - they are the worst for that in my opinion. Have you tried Delaney by Envy? It is like a mono version of Noriko Sky.
  • Moonlitnight
    Welcome to the forum Grama B! Good to have you here. I am not as well up on short wigs as others, but just wanted to say Hi.
  • PinkEvie
    Welcome Grama Bee, so lovely to have you join us.
  • Twinkle
    Welcome!! I think we’ve all experienced our favs being discontinued. It’s maddening. My fav was just discontinued too!! So happy you’ve joined us!
  • Sunset
    Hi, I wanted to say welcome. You've joined a great site. I'm so happy I joined.
  • Al O'pecia
    I was just griping about this very thing yesterday. I've been wearing wigs for many years, and it has happened to me lots of times. So I definitely feel your pain. I guess the manufacturers just like to shake things up periodically. I try to look at it as an opportunity, because left to my own devices I would probably just wear the exact same thing in the exact same color forever!
  • Samantha
    I’ve had several discontinued also, and it starts a whole new round of disappointment and wasting money! I currently wear Voltage by RW, though I’ve recently purchased Soft and Subtle and Sweet Talk, both by Gabor. I am stuck in a rut with Voltage because that’s my usual look, what I wear to work, etc, and I’m not ready yet to just show up around town in different hair. Though shorter hair is my “look”, I don’t feel it properly showcases my inner free spirit, if that makes sense! I realize this isn’t the proper placement of this mini rant lol, my apologies...
  • BeatA
    @Grandma Bee I agree maybe it’s good to shake things up a little
    Once in a while. Check out
    Ellen Wille
    Wigs. I know they cost a bit more, but they have lots and lots of great short hair styles. The @crazywiglady has reviewed many of them on YouTube you should Check it out. And if
    You go to the wigoutlet.com website which is also part of wigs.com, you can get some really good deals even on the pricier wig lines.
    Oh yeah and welcome to the friendliest and funniest bunch of wig Ladies and gentlemen you would Ever want to meet!
  • BeatA
    don’t apologize! This what we are here for! Welcome
    To the “club”. I just
    Recently came outof the wig closet at work and went suddenly longer. It
    Was very liberating, but took me some
    Time. If you look through the older threads there are some about coming out of the wig closet here and it is not easy for anyone!
  • crazywiglady
    I love Ellen willie wigs, they for me the best of any so far .
  • BeatA
    I know! That’s why I wanted you to chime in, i think grandma bee can find something she will
    Love!
  • Grama Bee
    Thank you everyone! I'll check out Ellen Willie wigs. I'm used to buying wigs during 30% off sales and paying about $90 per wig. But I guess I'm going to have to spend a little more.
  • BeautyWithin
    Welcome Gramma Bee! We have a wonderful group of ladies and gentlemen who wear their "hair" proudly. I hope you find something soon that you like. That must be very frustrating to keep having your faves discontinued. Maybe post some pics of yourself in your favorite styles and we can make suggestions? :smile:
  • Misty
    Welcome to the forum Gramma Bee. I only wear long wigs so won't be much help re: the shorter styles, however wanted to say "hi".Hope you enjoy the forum. :smile:
  • Vee1028
    many of us here are in our 60s. Please don't let age limit your choices. You have a beautiful, youthful face and you might find you like some of the newer styles. Like you, I prefer short styles but have been that way all my life. I've recently decided I like some of the midlength styles and am experimenting with a few of them. You might enjoy that, too!
  • BeatA
    yes @Grama Bee I wholeheartedly agree with Vee! I have recently also ordered some longer styles and I’m having fun. I’m 56 so closer to 60 than to 50 ...
  • Moonlitnight
    I am closer to 70 than 60. YIKES!
  • Vee1028
    yeah, same here...my birthday is just a few months away.
  • Moonlitnight
    We need a birthday function on here.
  • Vee1028
    I was just thinking that as I posted.
  • Erzsike
    I had a favorite wig from Henry Margu and wore it constantly and reorderd and reordered! It was discontinued and I had a very hard time finding a wig that I loved. I finally found Harper by Henry Margu and I fell in love. UNFORTUNATELY, the curl pattern on her has disappeared. I contacted Henry Margu and they said they knew it but are still selling her! they expect to have the curl pattern corrected in a few months. A FEW MONTHS! I am in tears. :cry: Therefore, I understand your plight. xxoo P.S. Sorry about my rant......
  • Debbie
    I agree, my Bowie hair was just discontinued
  • Sunset
    Now I'm 65 & 7 months, so I'm closer to 70 now also. How scary!!! It sure got here quickly.
  • Vee1028
    65 and almost 9 months here!
  • Vee1028
    Hi and welcome to the forum! Is that Bowie in your profile picture? I really like it on you. The only review I ever saw on it made it look awful. Obviously it suits you better than the reviewer.
    What are you going to replace it with?
  • Moonlitnight
    Such a baby. :grin:
  • Sunset
    We are only two months apart in age.
  • Vee1028
    : I thought we were both 65??

yeah, how the heck did we get so old so fast??? :yikes:
  • Moonlitnight
    I am 66...it happened in March.
  • Sunset
    I don't know. It seems like yesterday I was freaking out about turning 40, and now my daughter is soon to be turning 41. Time is marching by really fast now.
  • Misty
    Time goes so fast. I turned 62 last month.
  • Vee1028
    ohhh... well happy belated birthday!! You seriously could pass for 40 something!
  • Vee1028
    crazy, huh? I moped around for the entire month before I turned 50. The day aft et r, I was fine! Never feared another birthday.
    I keep telling my son he is catching up with me FAST!
  • buckeyegal1963
    40 didn't much bother me, it was my 50th that I was freaking out about. I just had a birthday 2 days ago, turned 55, time really does fly by so swiftly!
  • Moonlitnight
    Happy Birthday dear Vicki, Happy Birthday to you! :flower: :flower: :flower:
  • Moonlitnight
    Friend for life... :hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    Happy belated birthday. Time does fly when you are older. It is very frightening. I still cannot believe it is 18 years since the turn of the millennium.
  • Sunset
    Happy birthday, Vicki. :party:
  • Misty
    Thanks so much Moonlitnight. It was very low key this year with Mum's surgery etc. I still remember the turn of the millennium, we closed off our street and had fireworks and celebrations with all our neighbours - such fun!
  • Misty
    Belated Happy Birthday too, hope you had a very special day :hearts:
  • Debbie
    Thank you, yes that’s the Bowie and so now not really sure, open for suggestions. I did just order Modern Motif, so really hoping it will work being different...
  • Debbie
    What is the one that you have on? Love that on you, very cute cut
  • VocalEyes
    Hi! Welcome to our family! I don't think you should put your hairstyle in a box (pun intended). Women don't have to wear wigs that suit an age group. if you like short, go short. If you like medium go that route. I also love the EW line. Good luck and post pictures.
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much! I have Kona by Belletress on in my profile picture, but I usually wear much shorter styles. Right now I wear Ignite, Audrey, or Jenny as my every day wigs. I have been tempted to try Modern Motif several times now but keep changing my mind. One of our other members just got it as her very first wig and posted photos here. She loves it and it looks beautiful on her.
    Today I'm waiting on delivery of my Estetica Violet and EW United...very excited!!
  • Grama Bee
    The one I have on in the picture was discontinued. It is Raquel Welch "Sharp". It was my all time favorite. I've been trying to replicate it for over a year now. I like styles with layers that lay down as opposed to sticking out!
  • Shar W
    Yes, EW wigs are awesome. I ordered a couple short ones. Sky and Echo. I am excited to try them out. And I bought them on Wigoutlet. I hope my favs don't get discontinued. But I know that could happen. My fav right now is United by EW.
  • Debbie
    Do the EW’s tend to run small?
  • Shar W
    They run average to petite. My head is around 22 inches I think. It fits me perfect.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.