• Sunset
    What do you think about this video of no clip hair toppers? It would be great, and sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmduluxfu3s
  • Moonlitnight
    Very interesting! I am still trying to figure out how it would stay as I have a few problems with bands. Also I didn't see any rooted colours.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Looks awesome! I have a JR Top Secret topper, I love the way it looks, but I've only worn it a couple of times. Taking it off I always lose a couple of hairs and I don't want to risk damaging my bio hair further. I looked up the line and so far not available in synthetic blends, the HH toppers take 9 weeks I think it said and there aren't many color options. I think I may see if I can Macgyver my topper and sew a comb and headband into it. I'm not the best seamstress tho :sad:
  • buckeyegal1963
    Looks like you have to use a wig grip with these toppers to stay secure, I know they cause you migraines, not good. I have a wig grip, but I've never used it, I should test run wearing one for the day to see if will give me a headache or not before I do my macgyvering.
  • Moonlitnight
    Smart move! I also like a few roots and/or a monopart to brush them along. This is a great concept but wouldn't work for me.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I didn't catch that on their site, I like those features as well. My JR topper is rooted with a monopart, so maybe I can get it to work for me. I don't wear it as I don't want to cause bald patches that has happened with many who wear them.
  • Moonlitnight
    Mine also pulled my hair our, or broke it off, when I carefully lifted it off my head. No matter what I did, it would tangle in those little combs.
  • KellyA
    I'd like to try this but headbands don't want to stay on my head. Is there only one place that sells them? They are a bit expensive
  • Sunset
    I don't know of any other places, but if any of us were creative it looks like we could manage to do this with one of our toppers. It would be nice to be able to do this, so we didn't have to worry about those darn clips damaging our bio hair. I haven't got much to spare. I still wear toppers, but I don't wear them daily. They are much cooler to wear in the summer. I've seen those band things sewn into the back of wigs that also looks interesting that many African american gals have been using for years to hold their wigs on. I'm not that handy with sewing, but I'm tempted to try this on one of my wigs to see how it would be. The videos I've watched of this claim it really helps hold the wigs on.
  • Sunset
    One way that helps me when I remove a topper is to first undo all the clips & then gently roll back the topper. Also, before I put on a topper, I make sure all the hairs from the topper are pulled out from the clips. I've had trouble clipping in a topper before, because so many of the hairs from the topper are caught in the clips. It's strange how some toppers are really very comfortable. I have one topper by halo Couture that is really very comfortable. Trouble is, the HH on it sort of looks frizzy, so I rarely wear it. It looked absolutely gorgeous when I first got it. I'm going to try washing & conditioning it again in hopes I can make it look better. I've got on the bella tress topper now, & since I found out it's heat friendly I ran my curling wand down the sides to more straighten out that part. It's nice how my own bio hair is straight underneath, but you would never know it since the waves hang over it & it matches so well. I think the fiber from this bella tress line is much nicer for being heat friendly. I feel like I got a new topper now. (LOL) I feel like contacting bella tress & asking if they're ever going to make this topper with more shaded rooting. I doubt they will, but who knows, if enough of us request it perhaps they will.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.