• Sunset
    Every single time I get onto my computer there are pop up ads for wigs, because they know I look at them frequently. Does anyone else get these all the time also?
  • drift3r
    This has to do with your ad preferences! If you allow target advertisements, websites will use your browser history to deliver ads that are “targeted” to your preferences. If you would rather not see targeted advertisements you can actually turn this function off!
  • Moonlitnight
    I have mine turned off. I also put my age in 20 years younger, or when a random one does pop up it's either adult diapers or a walker.
  • drift3r
    LMAO!!! That’s hilarious. I have mine turned off on all my social media and browsers. This is extremely embarrassing but I have a work laptop and I was giving a presentation up on a big projector screen using my computer and because I had logged into gmail my work laptop was showing advertisements for things I had searched for on my personal laptop google... KY lubricant ads were all over my internet browser in front of 10 of my colleagues. I about died... since then I always have ads turned off. :lol:
  • buckeyegal1963
    OMG how mortifying hilarious! :rofl: :rofl: Reminds me of the time I was shopping at Walmart, and something dropped out of the cart of the woman ahead of me in the self check out line. I picked it up and saw it was a tube of KY Jelly. I debated whether to hand it back to her or not, ended up doing so. Her face was so red and the expression on her face was horrified. I told her "Hey, I use this stuff too (I didn't really), it's all good." She giggled and said she was glad it was a woman behind her and not a man.

Yep, I get these ads all the time too as well as other things I shop for online. I didn't know there was a way to stop them, thanks for posting that link @drift3r
  • Moonlitnight
    OMG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh dear. That reminds me of when Prep H ads appeared on mine when the very handsome young construction guy came over to point our something on a plan he'd done for my bathroom and to ask the tile fellow a question. We were going to Skype him for something, I can't recall what. Now, here's the TRUTHFUL part...(Honestly haha.) I had been writing an article on hemorrhoids for the magazine and Prep H was the sponsor so I'd looked up their marketing stuff on the Internet. So we sit down and a whole slew of "Anusol" ads came up, and then Prep H. Like DIE...
  • drift3r
    OMGGGGG!!! I would have totally died too! That’s hilarious!! I actually use prep H for eye bags! Stuff works magic after a long night out hahaha. :lol: :rofl:
  • buckeyegal1963
    I remember reading that somewhere before how Prep H is good for eye bags and puffiness, I never got around to trying it. So it really works eh? I'm older tho, wonder if it would be effective on more mature skin. Yet another thing I'll add to my shopping list, but will most definitely use the self checkout line :lol:
  • Moonlitnight
    That is what the models use (or used to). I hear it works like a charm. I should try it on my neck.
  • Moonlitnight
    Bahahahahaha! I think that would be safer.
  • Katooshie
    yes! Welcome to the world of computer algorithms
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.