• Sunset
    I still have my Dad's bottle of Old spice.
  • Sunset
    I would go out of my mind if my daughter & grandchildren were that far away, so I'm thanking my lucky stars they're only four hrs. away. I have a friend whose daughter moved to England, and now she has two grandchildren there.
  • Sunset
    I'm so sorry about your mother. My grandfather had parkinson's disease. We have so many different diseases; it's frightening.
  • Vee1028
    my sister has told me f ok r years that she smells my dad around her. She says she smells his Old Pice .
  • Vee1028
    my grandchildren from my son were raised in Germany and Turkey. I saw my grand only 3 times until after he was 16. My granddaughter I saw once before they did there last tour of Germany . She was 3 months old. When they returned she was 6.
  • Moonlitnight
    I think Old Spice really imprints itself somewhere in our neurons and becomes activated when that person's consciousness wants to reach us. Reading a fascinating book by a doctor, at the moment. It's on epigenetics and gets into how research is showing the way we actually receive information and react, as opposed to how neurology says we do (which is impossible).
  • Moonlitnight
    That is sad, Vee. Families should be together.
  • Sunset
    sounds interesting.
  • animallover
    This is fascinating! I have dream experiences to share too. Unfortunately we are on the road working and my data is almost gone. Don't want to buy more as it will renew at midnight. Thank you all for sharing such incredible experiences,
  • Moonlitnight
    We look forward to your sharing this when you get back B. HUGS!
  • Sunset
    Can't wait to hear what you have to share.
  • animallover
    These are all amazing stories of messages from our loved ones that have passed. I have so many messages from loved ones which make life here so much easier. I have had electronics turn on and off such as lights and radios, and, usually, on the radio will be playing a poignant song. I have felt their touch, like a feather on my cheek. I have had Spirit bumps, goosebumps, when they pop up in my mind when a song comes on that has a connection to them, etc.....I was told once by a psyshic/medium that my son doesn't come to me in dreams very often because I would want him to stay and it would cause me great pain. I have only had one dream visit from him and it was so vivid that it melts my heart. He came to me and together we flew in the Heavens visiting all the places that we loved going together while he was still here. We held hands and flew side by side with beautiful smiles on our faces reminiscing, the feeling was so intensely full of love. I still remember the feeling of holding his huge warm hand. It was a gift and one that I will treasure all the days of my life left here.
    Another time I was riding in a car and a friend says, "I see a face in the road!" There in the middle of a country road was the face of my son, smiling at us. We captured it on film and I have a framed photo on my wall. Another tremendous gift. I have seen my first dog, that tore my heart out when I lost her, in spirit in the house walking down the hallway to me. Oh, our loved ones, both human and furry, are still in our lives, just in a much different way. I am so glad that so many of us have received such loving gifts from beyond.
  • animallover
    This is beautiful! Gave me tons of goosebumps.
  • BeautyWithin
    My husband's grandmother was an Estee Lauder Beautiful wearer. She was one of the funnest, kindest women I have ever met. I didn't grow up with grandparents and she took me in like a grand orphan when hubby and I began dating. She gave the best hugs too! She had an ample bosom and very broad strong arms and just wrapped you right up in them. She also called me Steffie which was my dad's pet name for me when he was alive. Whenever I smell that perfume in a magazine ad or someone walks by wearing it I remember her fondly with tears in my eyes.
  • Moonlitnight
    He came to me and together we flew in the Heavens visiting all the places that we loved going together while he was still hereanimallover

I literally had a little weep at this, B. How absolutely beautiful. I miss my guy so much. I don't go on Facebook any more but I had to go through it to get onto a group page yesterday (it's a missing person group for a young dad who went missing seven weeks ago) and there was a photo of my husband because I'd posted it there three years ago. I was a basket case for hours. I have not seen him for a very long time and wish he would appear in some way, other than talking to me and telling me things about what lies beyond. I have been told by a psychic, long before any of my loved ones passed, that they come to us very vividly in dreams and that these dreams are very intense because they are actual visits. I don't begin to understand this. All I want is to hug him and tell him it's OK. I know that doesn't make much sense. It is also amazing about the face in the road. :heart:

Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful soul. :hearts:
  • Sunset
    (((hugs))) I miss my sweetheart so much too. I still can’t believe he died.
  • Moonlitnight
    (((Hugs))) back. It's so sad.
  • btrflygal7
    I too experience this, I started having thinning during my adolescence, I resisted wearing wigs for the longest time, I did hairclub for a while, which was not good for me at all. I have advanced thinning and do get depressed about but glad wigs are so nice now.
  • Erzsike
    I totally felt like this daily in the beginning. And even after almost twenty years I still feel this way on a weekly basis. This forum really helps me. I pull my ill feelings back, way back in my mind and in my eyes knowing what wig wearing has actually done for me -- I have rejoined the land of the living and for that I am grateful.
  • Gingersnap
    So interesting and emotional to read this thread. I lost a son years ago to diabetes - he was 23. I know the anxiety of showing up in your wig for the first time. Maybe it was a bit easier for me because I was a stylist working in a salon and
  • Sunset
    I'm so sorry about your son. :hearts:
  • Gingersnap
    Yikes - I need to learn my way around this site. Accidentally hit preview and couldn’t figure out how to get back into my original comment. Help?
  • Moonlitnight
    You just read the preview and then hit the little X. You can then either edit your comment or post it :)
  • Moonlitnight
    I just read that part about your son. I am so sorry. A few people here have lost a child and I just cannot imagine how sad this must be. :hearts:
  • Gingersnap
    Thanks for that info - now how do I reply to someone? Just start a new comment like I am here? I’m so used to having a reply button. Now I’m going to “preview” this comment and see if I can do it correctly! Yay, it worked. I’m on my iPad - wonder if that makes a difference.
  • Moonlitnight
    To reply to someone, you mouse over that little time stamp under their post, on the left. A little curly arrow will appear. Click on that, and their name will come up at the front of the box you are about to type in.
  • Debbie
    I feel exactly the same with casual friends, all of a sudden full healthy hair
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.