• Sunset
    What is the purpose of having a double mono top? I notice a few wigs have these.
  • Moonlitnight
    The inner layer (which rests next to the scalp) is very soft and not at all itchy or scratchy like some monos can be. This is especially true if you have no hair. My Brandi has a double mono and it feels wonderful.
  • Misty
    Yes, they recommend double mono top as very comfortable for anyone who has total hair loss.
  • Sunset
    OK, that makes sense now.
  • Moonlitnight
    I used to think it meant two parts, one on each side, and I couldn't understand why not all the way across.
  • BeatA
    @Moonlitnight@Misty@SunsetI think it is also a way to hide the knot so you reallyninly see the hair come out of the “Scalp”. Unfortunately double monosnever have a lace front. So it’s one or the other.
    I’m always a bit bummed, because when you have no hair, your scalp already shine through any mono top and makes it look completely natural ( no wig cap or bio hair shining through) so except for hiding the knot and maybe being a bit more comfy on the naked scalp ( don’t think it makes that much of a difference honestly) there is not much of an advantage. I do like that there is usually a strip of silicone or other anti slip in the very front, which is very nice on the scalp and makes it stick without adhesives.
  • Misty
    I agree BeatA. I used to wear the double mono at times, however when the lace fronts arrived, I swapped to those. Can't wait for my latest order from wigs.com, I have the silicone sheet you recommended due in the parcel :hearts:
  • BeatA
    great hope you love it. Do you have alopecia totalis too or are you going to use it for the nape so it does not ride up?
  • Misty
    Hi BeatA I do not have totalis, however periodically I lose all my hair, eyebrows, eye lashes, hair on arms and legs. Hair starts to grow back slowly on eyebrows etc and then all falls off again. Medical tests show I have regular times of high cortisol causing this. They are trying to work out if cushings syndrome.
  • BeatA
    huh how “interesting” did they look for an adrenal mass?
  • Moonlitnight
    Give me a lacefront any day! Brandi needs that so badly.

Cushings is a drag. I know a guy who has that. He went bald at 17.
  • Alex Kautz
    He went bald at 17.Moonlitnight

I've never heard of cushings!
  • Moonlitnight
    It's not hugely common, Alex. I have written about it extensively for the equine business. Horses suffer from it too, poor babies. Here's a link about it: http://pituitary.ucla.edu/cushings-disease
  • Misty
    Hi BeatA I went through every test with my Endocrinologist, including MRIs etc. I ticked some of the boxes, but not all for Cushings. The current determination is I definitely have Hashimotos (for 30 years now) and the hair loss is secondary to that. The high and then low cortisol at this time has not been explained. They looked at both adrenal and pituitary glands with no clear result. It is definitely cyclical and ranges upwards from a four weekly plus pattern. By the time I am aware of the side affect of the high cortisol, and they do the blood tests, my levels have dropped right down. The way they found the high levels was by doing blood tests every second day, and they saw the high spike for around 8 days, and then the low drop down.
  • KB7707
    I’ve ordered my first mono wig. I can’t wait to get it !!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Woo! What did you buy?
  • KB7707
    So I just got An email saying it was on backorder with a pending shipping date in September!!!!!! It was Estetica- Hunter.... so now I think I will replace it with Heather by Estetica... I’ve seen that one on Shar W and I loved it...
  • dc21
    Have you considered RW Stop Traffic? It is similar. Other sites like vogue and cyster show you if the color is out of stock on most brands. ( I didn't name the full site because they held my comment for moderation when I did)
  • KB7707
    I looked at it, I saw it on Shar W, of course everything thing looks good on her... but I’ve read so many bad reviews about RW wigs...
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh how frustrating! My Zara is not coming until September. Avery as well, although I just cancelled that one.
  • amyonwigs
    I have MEG by Jon Renau. She is a double mono top and is VERY comfortable!
    I wore her to my son's wedding last December!

w47n85whbi3vkmq1.jpg
  • Misty
    Gorgeous on you. Love the style and colours.
  • dc21
    Have you considered RW Stop Traffic? It is similar. Other sites like cyster wigs and vogue wigs show you if the item is out of stock on most brands.
  • KB7707
    I have looked at it and I am considering it.... but it looks a little longer than I’m ready to go to so quick... I need to slowly graduate to that length. I still feel self conscious with drastic change, so I think I’ll start with Estetica’s Heather, the this fall order Stop Traffic... I’m not reading good reviews on RW wigs here recently!
  • dc21
    Sorry for the double post! I reworded my post yesterday so it would go through! The moderator posted my original one this morning!
  • KB7707
    No problem!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.