• Lolls
    So I've been considering buying a full wig (currently wear an integration piece) but the company's return policy states "Items cannot be worn or tried on, must be odor free & in original packaging with all tags attached, otherwise the items will be sent back to you at your expense." I'm confused since I need to try the wig on to be sure I like it! Has anyone else encountered a return policy like this and, if so, how did you handle it? Thanks.
  • Samantha
    Unfortunately, I’ve had the need to return many wigs. I am just very careful and cautious about trying on the item until I’m sure I’m going to keep it. I live in a smoke free home, so that’s one concern I don’t have, as I’m sure even the slightest smoke odor would deem a purchase ineligible for return. They send the wig with a plastic cap for trying on, so ideally there’s not scalp contact while you’re deciding.
  • Lolls
    Thanks, Samantha. I too live in a smoke-free home but this policy still troubles me and has prevented me from ordering from them.
  • Sunset
    I wouldn't want to order a wig from someplace where I wasn't allowed to try it on. How is anyone going to know if they are going to like it if they can't try it on?? I don't want to buy clothes if I can't try them on either.
  • Lolls
    Exactly! I sent the company an email asking for clarification and told them their return policy has prevented me from ordering from them. It's frustrating because they have some really great sales!
  • Samantha
    As mentioned, I’ve returned a LOT of wigs to wigs.com and have never once had one rejected for full refund, if that helps.
  • Lolls
    The company whose return policy I cited is the Best Wig Outlet - www.bestwigoutlet.com . They have really enticing sales/promotions but their policy keeps me from ordering.
  • Samantha
    Oh, okay, I’ve not ordered from them so my comment may be irrelevant :wink:
  • Vee1028
    I would not order from them after reading their return policy. I would prefer paying a few dollars more for wigs.com return policy.
    Also. Google them. I've seen some pretty bad reviews on them.
  • Moonlitnight
    "Must not be tried on"? Lol! Are they serious? I often wonder about returning a RW wig. They absolutely reek of something quasi-perfumey. When I open their boxes, it really hits me every time. The latest disaster, Scene Stealer, is a different fibre from all my other RW disasters, but it smells the same.
  • Lolls
    Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I decided not to buy from them because of how troubling that policy is to me. Decided no matter how tempting the price, I will continue to order from my tried and true online wig e-tailers!
  • Vee1028
    good decision!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.