• BeatA
    u1cm59jvyu5edi3w.jpeg
    7s1jelee1g7gnaqw.jpeg
    psfaz8328w8r5xko.jpeg
    zvsjcjb32wizu0y1.jpeg
    @buckeyegal1963 I see what you mean about the “flip” Going the wrong way. I agree. But otherwise I really like her. The color is amazing. So much depth to it and the rooting is wonderful. So glad I tried this color. I agree this will need some
    Work. It is too shiny and I don’t like how the front is parted, it needs a bit of plucking and probably some Steaming for Flip reversal. So a bit more work that I usually like to put in but of the three I recently received I think this is my favorite. ( United, Sandra and Minka are the three) question is should I keep more than one of the three?
    Waffling....
    Help!
  • Shar W
    I love this one a lot. What color is it? I have to use dry shampoo on mine because I agree it's pretty shiny. Beautiful. :heart:
    I think you should keep all 3.
  • Sunset
    I think it looks great. Sometimes I just wet the ends & curl it under the way I want. After a while it behaves & goes the way you want. Dry shampoo or powder can help a lot with the shine.
  • Vee1028
    I really love this on you. I say keep this one and send the other 2 back.
  • BeatA
    the color
    Is 14/26S10

You recently got a United... did you notice that it felt a little bit greasy? Like there was product in it? It’s a bit weird.
  • BeatA
    I think you’re right though I may keep United... I kind of like the dark color. Just for a change
  • BeatA
    oh I definitely use dry shampoo. But not until I know I’m going to keep her for sure. As for the wetting and tucking I find that does t work too well. The hair pretty much has its memory, unless
    You change it with ( low) heat or steam. Again only once I decide I’m Keeping her.
  • Shar W
    No, I didn't feel that at all. I was impressed by the softness of the fibers. Maybe she just needs a wash.
  • BeatA
    well once I decide if I’m
    Going to keep her, I may give her a bath.... a friend of mine came over and she loved her. I’m on the fence a little bit. Just don’t know if I will
    Wear her that much. In the past six months I got so many wigs. ( Chelsea, Code Mono, Soft and Subtle, Chloe, Camron, Elizabeth those are the ones I kept anyway) so if I keep all three now that’s 8 wigs in 6 months! I don’t think I will
    Wear them all.... and I got Star like seven months ago ( I only wore her for a months or two and now she is resting in a box, still in pretty
    Good shape and I probably won’t wear her again. I just feel Like I’m being wasteful.... I don’t know. I’m jet lagged and can’t really think that well
    Right now. I’ll
    Sleep on this.
  • Sunset
    That's the color I always order from JR.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I love all 3 on you BeatA, tho I am partial to Minka for sure. I did have to dry shampoo, steam (gently, I learned from Elle, I straightened her too much, the flex rods helped tho to get a little wave back in) and manipulate the bangs with the twisting and push up method. You can change the part, full mono top, I didn't do any plucking. I agree on the color, all my JRs are in that shade. I get asked where I get my highlights done pretty often. I want to learn how to do that fishtail braid Roxy shows in the Minka video, it's so pretty.
  • BeatA
    @crazywigladyrecently posted a fishtail braiding video. It’s pretty simple. Since
    I tagged her here I’m
    Sure she will
    Post the link for
    You.
  • BeatA
    @buckeyegal1963lic4406do5rpl4n8.jpeg
    Minka got a steam bath and a low
    Setting straight iron treatment. Very very carefully cause I did not want it completely straight. I think it looks alright though it still
    Kind of wants to flip out a little bit.
    By the way the color is almost identical to my Ellen Wille Code Mono light Bernstein Rooted. In case anyone ever wonders what the equivalent for. An Ellen Wille color would be.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I've wondered about light bernstein rooted, is it lighter on longer pieces? Shar 's Echo looks quite a bit darker in that same shade.
  • BeatA
    yes definitely much lighter in longer styles! I have Star in that shade and it’s much much darker
  • Vee1028
    ohhhh...she was so beautiful before. Can you still fluff her up a bit to make her look more like the first pictures?
  • BeatA
    don’t like the outward fluff. It does t look real to me. That’s not how I would wear it normally. On the other pictures i had turned them inward a bit for the pictures, but they kept coming back out. So I steamed and they straightedge out a bit more.
    It’s not so bad here is another picture.
    fq5b01f1oru0rt0u.jpeg
  • Vee1028
    she looks much better in this picture. She was just sticking too close to your head in the other one. Just a subtle change but makes such a big difference!
    I just love this on you!
    I would seriously order it if I hadn't been so disappointed recently by United and Violet.
  • BeatA
    don’t give up! If you return them and call the wigs.com
    People they will give you the same discount for your replacement order. I’ve done it many times. Try Minka I really like her. She is also very comfortable and light. And you can put her in a pony tail or updo in the Vegas heat.
  • Vee1028
    I know wigs.com will but I bought those 2 from the outlet. There is a 10% restocking fee but better than keeping them here unworn! I think they just went up recently from 7%.
  • BeatA
    but you’re an ambassador you may not have to pay the restocking fee. Or let the money ride for your next purchase....
  • buckeyegal1963
    I'm so glad you're happy with Minka, she is pretty versatile too. I change the part around, sometimes I feather the bangs back, sometimes I wear them off my face higher up like in your pic, sometimes I wear them a little closer to my head. I sometimes scrunch up the crown or shake it while on my head upside down if I want more volume. I'm going to watch that fish braiding video, I tried a little while ago while it was on my head, that didn't turn out so well, lol.
  • Vee1028
    I'm not sure it counts on the outlet site. We should ask #Alex about it.
  • Erzsike
    Fantastic! If you can afford it, keep all three! :grin:
  • BeatA
    I can but I’m not
    Sure I should
  • Erzsike
    Well, happy decision making! xxoo
  • Erzsike
    I think you took me the wrong way! I would never be cruel. All I meant was I want you to be happy with whatever decision you make. xxoo
  • BeatA
    I know! Not to worry.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.