• mcvoice
    I wore my blonde bouncy, big hair for my concert last night lol. I headlined with 50 piece Symphony Orchestra last night (don't mean to sound boastful - I am grateful and joyful!) and the concert was outside concert for a large (800 people - that's pretty large right) audience. In Indiana it was about 80 degrees and muggy. If I had my bio hair it would've probably made me wanna cry - flat and sticky in 10 minutes of being outside - making me feel old and not looking like how I felt inside! But yesterday I DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MY HAIR! I had an afternoon rehearsal with the maestro, late afternoon rehearsal with the symphony, sound check at the venue and then the evening concert. What a huge relief to know that EW Load looked great all day and all night. I attached a pic of my sequined dress and EW Load waiting in the car before the sound check. My concert hair and I were feeling pretty blessedr6cw44igf2haoyhe.jpg
  • BeatA
    That’s gorgeous!!!
  • dc21
    Whoa, they should use you for the EW Load manufacturer pic! You look gorgeous! Did you do any extra styling? What color is it? Congrats on your performance! What part of Indiana?
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Beat A!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you for saying that Dc21! How sweet of you. I did actually "customize" her a little. I am a "bang/fringe" girl (I have an ethnic nose- the Italian part of me lol) and I like me "some bang" :) So I trimmed in some shorter bangs for myself. I also thought she was just a little too full so just around the side of the face I thinned her - just a little bit. I think it helped a lot - amazing what a subtle adjustment can do to make it more realistic
  • dc21
    Haha! Me too! My nose isn't petite either, and I prefer wigs with body and volume to balance it out!
  • mcvoice
    Whiting Indiana! They have a lovely series there with the Whiting Symphony Orchestra and I did 10 songs with them as the featured artist, broadway songs!
  • DeniseJH
    Very pretty!!
  • Samantha
    Stunning!!
  • dc21
    What an experience, I am happy for you! I am from NW Indiana too.
  • Moonlitnight
    You look absolutely beautiful in the hair and dress. Youi sound happy, blessed and proud, not boastful at all. That must have been enormous fun. :cheer:
  • mcvoice
    Thank you. It was enormous fun! Living the dream really.
  • Sunset
    Looks great!
  • Shar W
    Beautiful. I am glad the evening was a success.
  • BeautyWithin
    Super glammy and gorgeous! PS.We love Broadway tunes.
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Katooshie!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Shar! Singing with 50 piece symphony is a joy and whoot whoo I'm glad it was a success too lol!
  • Misty
    Stunning and joyful. So happy it was a beautiful night for you.
  • mcvoice
    Yes I thought EW Load was rather glammy too and would fit in with my "bling" dress. The Great American Songbook/Broadway show tunes are so wonderful to sing and share!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Misty. You can tell I love what I do (singing and entertaining right?) and having the hair to match my inner happy musical self is such a relief to know there's no more worry or fuss or embarrassment! So Thankful!
  • BeautyWithin
    We're in the middle of Hello Dolly at the moment. The kids are cracking up.
  • mcvoice
    Striesand all the way!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you Lisa. It was Freedom!
  • A7X
    I love that wig on you - love it! I'm going to check it out!
  • mcvoice
    Thank you AZ. I did trim up the side swept fringe to be more eyebrow bangs since that's a look I prefer (love bangs for my style). And I thinned her slightly on the sides although I probably could've gotten away without doing that - I just felt initially she was a big too full - but there's still a lot of fullness left which I love. You should try! I bet it'd be beautiful on you!
  • CherylH
    mcvoice, 1st off, you not only look drop dead gorgeous in your photo, but so completely classy as well. :wink: With the "Chicagoland" summer humidity (heck, year round humidity...lol), wigs truly are the intelligent woman's styling secret. I know the area and the music community quite well. I'm from Michigan originally, but attended Valparaiso for Law School, and performed and taught oboe all over the area to help pay for those steep expenses. LOL One of my friends from school is from Whiting and last I knew was practicing law in that area. I thrilled that your performance went so well! :hearts: Thank you so much for sharing your photo with us sweetie. :smile:
  • Lori
    Woweewow! You look amazing! Your hair looks soooooo good on you girl!
  • Lori
    Haha I like me some bang too!!!
  • Lori
    Just read this post of yours. How did you thin her out?
  • mcvoice
    I used thinning shears but you have to be really careful because once you take the hair out LOL It won’t grow back !. I also watched great video from Taz’s wig closet and she has a lot of detail on how to thin out a wig. I suggest you take a look at that It was so helpful to me
  • VocalEyes
    Which songs? Broadway was always my genre until I started singing Swing Band Era.
  • mcvoice
    I sing big band swing and great American jazz standards! For this concert I did broadway! I sang several Rodgers and Hammerstein songs: grand night for singing, something wonderful, edelweiss, the lonely goatherd, climb every mountain, and about five others! Www.maureenchristine.com
  • Vee1028
    OMG...I seriously would never have guessed that it was you in that photo! I had to check twice to be sure who was posting. I loved you in Girl Mono, but you look absolutely gorgeous in this wig and it goes perfectly with the sexy sequined dress. I hope you were feeling as beautiful as you looked!
    And how amazing was it for you to be singing with a 50 piece orchestra! You must be thrilled and rightly so.
    It's your time to shine.
  • Erzsike
    AMAZING!!! You look gorgeous! I am proud of you being in a symphony! And a vocalist too! Wonderful. I sing and play guitar on the side of my regular job. but to do it professionally must be a blast! What is the wig in your forum picture. That is beautiful as well. Do you sing and ALW tunes?
  • rpwatson
    you look so cute! What happens when the wind blows with these longer styles?
  • mcvoice
    well lol hopefully it stays on!
  • Candy D
    Absolutely a 10+!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.