• Tammy
    Who has human hair that can help. I have a human hair, first ever that I have had for two months. It is hand tied and I DID absolutely love it. Because of the price I do not use heat, I do not use a blow dryer. I have only washed it once. I mostly wet it, condition it and air dry it. I simply don’t have the money to be buying these things all the time so I was really trying to take super great care of it. I have used Beaty mark products, my own products, argon oil...every damn thing I can think of and it mats within 5 mins then doesn’t lay flat and looks horrible. I am at a loss when I thought I was an expert. HELP!

9e2jtb5daotpab59.jpeg
  • Alex K WIGSCOM TEAM
    Tammy! This has happened to me as well.... and I have an easy fix!
    What Beautimark products have you used so far? What I do is mix together the intensive recovery mask with a 4-5 drops of the shine serum and coat the ends of the hair. Wrap the hair with saran wrap and use a blow dryer on low heat to help infuse the nutrients into the hair! 5-10 minutes. If you want, you can even leave the mask on for longer to ensure recovery!! After rinsing out, blot the hair with a towel and spray on leave in conditioner. Use a WIDE TOOTH comb to detangle... working from the bottom of the hair. If you plan on using heat to style afterwards, make sure you use a good heat protectant! I like the one by CHI... it leaves the hair super soft and silky. :D Remember to be gentle....
  • buckeyegal1963
    Wow for the price of HH wigs, they should last much longer. I don't own any, so I don't have any advice or tips, just that I emphasize with you, that stinks!
  • Tammy
    I am doing what you have said now. I have left the intensive mask on overnight before, which was good for 2 days. So I hope this works. My synthetic hair last longer than this has.
  • Tammy
    yes I am really very disappointed too. It could be the difference in the type of human, the maker...not sure but all of my synthetic girls are better than this and cost less.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I'm at about 3 months of 5 days a week wearing JR Minka, a synthetic, and still looks good as new. So I think I'll stick with synthetics, the HH wigs are a bit our of my budget they're so pricey.
  • Alex K WIGSCOM TEAM
    I know it's frustrating, but this hair is definitely not ruined! These type of tangles have happened to my HH wig many times. I'm always able to get it out using the method above! Did it work for you?
  • Sunset
    I have a human hair wig & it never once has tangled, even after I've walked on the beach with it windy. I love it.
  • Moonlitnight
    First, a virtual hug. I can only imagine how upsetting this must be. I have just ordered my first HH wig and they aren't cheap. I don't have suggestions. All I know is that HH, being actual hair, will respond to the right treatment. Synthetics, not so much, if they are matted to this extent. I did see a topper arrive at a Vancouver salon, that was one giant dreadlock and far worse than your wig. The person who did these jobs, began on it right away. I was having my extensions redone and, three hours later, my hair was perfect and so was that poor topper. So hang in there. There will be a solution. :kiss:
  • dc21
    I have heard Olaplex treatments work wonders on HH according to some ladies on another wig site.
  • Tammy
    is it something I can purchase or only at salons?
  • Tammy
    Haha!! I am so glad you feel my frustration in that post. I am so so very upset about this. It would be different if I was careless, it would be different if I used heat it would be different if I had not paid a hefty price with expectation being that it would last a year, not 2 months. Makes me want to slam the manufacturer and question what it is really made of....but I am trying to breathe and be patient and do whatever is suggested.
  • Tammy
    can I ask the brand of your HH?
  • Tammy
    I wish I could say yes, but it did not. Don’t get me wrong it did soften and help but at the end of the day it still is a mess that I have used a wide tooth comb on at least 10 times. I have honestly tried everything...gonna try to talk to a stylist friend of mine. The thing is Alex is human hair doesn’t do that, heck none of even my fake girls do that, so it doesn’t make sense to me.
  • dc21
    I sent you a PM.
  • Vee1028
    What brand wig is that? The only time I've seen a HH wig tangled like that it was because the cuticle is going in different directions. This happens most when a wig has been through a lot of processing or on cheaper wigs when the hair is sewn in wrong to begin with.
  • Tammy
    It is a Louis Ferre Plf 008. Hand tied and I have only had it two months. Again, I have only washed it twice now and condition the you know what out of it on the regular. So upset with this.
  • Moonlitnight
    It seems outrageous to me that, when you buy a widget online, and it's broken or fails to perform, you are normally reimbursed. But when it's a wig, then that's your problem. You haven't treated it right. It seems a very convenient way to shelve accountability. I would go after Ferré with a few hard questions.
  • Tammy
    Yeah I just got a good article about the reasons this happens and it is typically a defect. I haven’t done anything but wash it two times, hang it to air dry and condition it like crazy. I got it and spent the money on HH in hopes of it lasting a year as I have been told and researched that a HH can last that long and even longer. I lam so disappointed.
  • Moonlitnight
    Can you get hold of the Ferré rep? I know what I would do. I've been trying to find the name of their CEO but they like to keep it quiet. It will be on company records for NY. I would take pics, explain what happened and send this letter registered mail to whomever it is. That would be my starting point.
  • Misty
    Hi Tammy I have worn HH before, and I was shown photos of what can happen when the HH hair is sewn incorrectly, ie the ends with the cuticle should always be attached to the head of the wig. If not, what you appear to have will happen, and you cannot correct this. I agree with to contact either where you bought this wig and ask them to go back to the Ferre rep, or contact the rep directly yourself, whichever you feel more comfortable with. Hope you have a good outcome with this, so sad for you. :hearts:
  • Sunset
    I bought it from a wig store so there's no name for it. I am really amazed & very happy with whatever kind of hair this is, because not once has it ever tangled. I only paid $450.00 for it. I do like some of my synthetics to have the natural waves that stay in it, but some of these have cost $250.00 to $300.00 & don't last that long. I usually just wear my HH wig straight or just curled under on the ends & I'm fine with that. The guy I bought my HH wig from told me this will last many years, and since I don't wear it daily I know for sure it will add even more years to it. I don't even use any kind of special shampoo or conditioner on it, and after washing it I just hang it over a flower vase & it dries smooth & straight. I have a HH topper & it has a frizzy look to it I don't like. I can't get to ever look smooth like it did when I first bought it regardless of what shampoo or special conditioner I've put on it.
  • Moonlitnight
    Hey Sunset :) I hope all is well in your world. Do you happen to know what kind of HH that happy, healthy wig is made from? I have a Brazilian coming. I'm a little nervous but the reviews are all very positive.
  • Sunset
    No, I don't know. I would love to know. What's a Brazilian? I hope all works out, if it's good HH you're going to love it in comparison to synthetic.

It is so HOT here I'm going out of my mind. Is it HOT where you are? I wish so much it would cool down. Not good wig wearing weather.
  • Moonlitnight
    I meant the wig I just bought is Brazilian hair. You can get Asian (too thick), European (which is too short at max 16" but the best quality) and Brazilian.

Last week, I thought I was going to die of heat. It was 33 (low 90s) which isn't that hot I guess but I have full picture windows on the ocean side. The shades were down, and three fans going, which instantly gave me a migraine. It was still unbearably hot.
  • Tammy
    I am trying to work with Wigs.com first and seeing where that gets me :)
  • Moonlitnight
    Gotcha. There has to be something wrong here.
  • BeatA
    check out wigoutlet.com . Soul by Ellen Wille is heavily discounted right now 70% I have two HH Ellen Wille wigs ( not Soul though) and they are very good quality. They do run small though
  • Tammy
    Sorry gal, between two jobs and a vacation I haven't had time to read...now I am mad because I just looked at this recommendation and HOLY cow ..think I am getting it. Keep ya posted!!
  • Tammy
    Oh and I have a small head...so even BETTER!
  • BeatA
    oh I hope
    They have some left
  • Tammy
    Argh not in my color but seems like good options. Is this site a sale site of wigs.com ? Is the return policy the same?
  • Katooshie
    So sorry this happened to you! This is why I only wear Heat Friendly Fibre wigs, and why I won't pay huge dollars for ANY wig...because these things always happen!
  • BeatA
    yes part of wigsdotcom and no this is a close out so NO returns. The other items on wigoutlet can be returned but not the closeout items.
  • Moonlitnight
    It had better not happen with my HH wig.
  • Katooshie
    To be honest, I have never been satisfied with the human hair products I tried. I am happy for those who like them and make them work, but I always found them to be heavy to wear, hard to keep a style, and one set of human hair extensions smelled distinctly like curry!
  • Shar W
    I bought an HH Iwig. I am excited to give it a shot. I am hoping it works out. It's beautiful.
  • Moonlitnight
    Has it arrived? Mine is "coming soon" Can't wait.
  • Shar W
    No, not yet. I have a tracking number and it has been just sitting in Canada for the past 24 hours. :sad:
  • Moonlitnight
    I find these tracking numbers don't work too well Shar. I have frequently found things in my mailbox that are showing in Kansas or Montreal when they have been shipped from the US. I am sure it works the other way as well. Canada Post is notoriously slow. As soon as it hits your side it will fly fast.
  • Shar W
    I am super excited. I am sure you are excited to get yours too. I am sure it won't take long to get to Minnesota since we share a border. :grin:
  • Moonlitnight
    I am very excited, yes. I am looking forward to wearing it on my walks :wink:
  • Shar W
    Boom chicka bow wow!!!!! :love:
  • Shar W
    :rofl: I can't stop smiling....:LOL
  • aconnotation
    I bought the exact same wig from another site back in February and the same thing happened to me within two months. I tried speaking with their customer service reps who spoke to Louis Ferre, and the only thing that they offered was for me to mail it back to LF and have it "inspected" for $250. Absolutely ridiculous. I spent over $200 on products to try to fix the hair on that wig and finally gave up after another three months. I did purchase a PLF-005 from another dealer and have had it for over two months now without the issues that I had with the last unit. Maybe it's an issue with that model? Did you ever hear back from anyone regarding your wig issues?
  • Tammy
    OMG!!!! I am so greatful for your response. I got notified of your comment literally as I was typing an email to the company.

lv been left feeling really let down and like I did something to cause this, despite the fact that I know how to care for wigs and I took prestige care of it.

I got a second job to pay for it, only to have to replace it.
    I think you have motivated me to reach out to other forums to see if anyone else had the same experience.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! Tammy
  • aconnotation
    My pleasure! I'm happy to have found someone who had the same issue as I did. I feel as though it is something wrong on their end. I would be happy to write an e-mail to the company as well with photos of mine. Maybe two people having the same problem with the same unit will motivate them to actually do something about this! Thank you as well for making this post in the first place! <3
  • Tammy
    if it is ok with you I am going to use your response in this forum.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.