• Sunset
    I now can see the advantage to an open cap wig. When I first got my HH wig I wondered why on earth it would be an open cap, because sometimes you have to spend the time pulling some of the hair back through. Well, the advantage is they are much cooler, and being that it's human hair that also makes it cooler. It can still be hot or hotter than wearing my bio hair especially in this terrible heat that's going on, but I can tell it's much cooler than wearing one of my synthetic closed capped wigs. When I first got this wig I looked around for some sort of cap to place inside the open wefts; that was crazy.
  • Vee1028
    I agree. I've always preferred open cap wigs.
  • Moonlitnight
    I far prefer open cap wigs. My HH wig is hand-tied so it won't be open cap. I prefer them not just for their coolness, but because, after I bobbi-pin my hair up to slip the wig on (just one pin required), I can poke it out between the wefts.
  • Sunset
    Do you ever have a problem with some of the hairs having to be pulled back through. At first I did but I've gotten used to it.
  • Moonlitnight
    I carefully comb the back of mine afterwards because some hairs do find their way back inside.
  • Sunset
    I don't have to use any bobby pins for my HH wig. It does have clips but they are much further down than a topper so I have more hair there. I can't wear some of my toppers for long at all because they start to hurt, especially the ones with clips by the temples. I haven't got a lot of hair there. I've worn this wig with a band but have ended up with a headache. So I just leave my bio hair hanging down under it and put it on. I can even get away without clipping the back because it goes down pretty far. It's actually a 3/4 wig that I thought was weird he sold me, but I guess he knew what he was doing because he knew I wanted to just leave my bio hair down under it. I have more trouble keeping my fine, slippery baby fine hair clipped up under a wig.
  • Vee1028
    occasionally I have to take a rat tail comb and pull a few back through, but it's always been easy enough to do.
  • Moonlitnight
    Where I used to wear my Milan topper, my head is still very sensitive. I am talking three months on. I want to order a HH topper but will see what I think of the wig first. Nothing in synthetics pleases me. They are either the wrong style, colour or really poor quality fibre. I tried to wear a wig over my biohair but it just kept slipping.
  • Sunset
    My HH hair topper looks frizzy & not smooth & nice like my HH wig. Obviously it must be the type of HH. The HH topper is really comfortable to wear & I wear it to run to the store or something, but I hate that it's not nice & smooth like it was when I first got it. My HH hair wig has not changed in the way it looked since the day I got it & I've had it four years. I actually paid a little bit more money for the topper. I wish I was a HH hair expert to know the difference in quality of hair, because I don't really know how anyone would be able to know. I mentioned before I have a HH hair fall that's 27 years old (LOL) it really does still look good, & I've held steaming hot curl irons on the ends of it. I used to wear it all the time, but I no longer wear it because I haven't got enough hair now on top to comb over it.
  • Sunset
    WOW, that's sad that happened wearing the topper. Did you wear it everyday, and did it hurt while you were wearing it? Mine have hurt even while wearing it, but I don't wear them all the time because I don't like that feeling. I've even read if you just wear them sometimes you can still lose hair. I don't like hearing that, yet I've read where some women have said they've worn one every single day for 10 years & have not experienced any hair loss.
  • Sunset
    My synthetic wigs by JR don't slip at all worn right over my wispy hair. I never had to even adjust them, I think my head size is the perfect size 22 inches & I believe that's where most wigs are set. I've had some slipping with other brands.
  • Moonlitnight
    I wore it every day for three weeks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.