• Sunset
    I'm curious if they're returned or used wigs to make them less expensive?
  • Moonlitnight
    Have you read this page, Sunset? https://www.wigoutlet.com/pages/about-us Some are overstock, some discontinued, some returns.
  • Sunset
    No, I didn't see that. Thanks for sending it.
  • Vee1028
    Moonlight is right. I've had 6 from there over the past year and a half. All of those 6 were new. #Cathe said the Violet she just received from there appeared to have been tried on or worn.
  • Moonlitnight
    I personally think there should be a notation made if a wig is a return as technically it is then second-hand.
  • Sunset
    I think so also.
  • Vee1028
    I think the fact that they mention it on their site is enough. I'm sure all he ones on Heather's sites are returns.
  • Moonlitnight
    Does she say if it's a return? (Probably not.)
  • Vee1028
    what she says is only said (as far as I know) in her return policies area. She says return items are all reduced in price and put in the outlet for sale. They do intense inspections including smell tests!
  • Moonlitnight
    The smell test concerns me. Every RW wig I have purchased has a horrible perfumey odour to it. It's the same odour so it must happen during the manufacturing process.
  • Sunset
    I noticed a strange smell on Spotlight when I got it, so I had to spray a lot of dry shampoo on it to get the odor out. Then you know the rest of the story of what happened to my beloved Spotlight I was head over heels in love with. I thought it was really strange to receive a wig that had that odor on it. I've never had that happen with any other wig.
  • Vee1028
    A lot of wigs have a chemical smell. That's all I've ever noticed. What her inspectors are testing for is any head odor, cigarette odor, and they also warn against spraying perfume on or around the wig if you think you might return it.
    When I tried Crowd Pleaser I knew as soon as I placed it on my head that the color was wrong. So I was afraid to move the hair around at all. I still have no idea if the wig would have looked good on me in a better color or not.
  • Moonlitnight
    All RW wigs reek of something-or-the-other. I air mine out before wearing.
  • BeatA
    You should
    Try some of those cheap amazon wigs they smell of this awful chemical. Don’t know what it is, but it’s terrible! :vomit: it was the K’ rysma wig that I butchered for experience
  • Erzsike
    I saw my return on there!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    I once looked this up in relation to clothes. I bought a top that came in from China and literally stank out my closet for a fortnight. I ended up chucking it when I read about all the insecticides and formaldehyde that went into the shipping containers that transport both natural and synthetic fibres. Not saying wigs might contain formaldehyde, but probably insect repellent comes into play somewhere, especially with the cosplays. I see that Amazon . com has a section called "formaldehyde free" wigs, extensions etc. so evidently this is still in play.
  • Sunset
    That's scary, no wonder so many people get cancer.
  • Moonlitnight
    I won't get into our outgassing memory foam mattress. We were so silly as to allow this thing to outgas all into us the first couple of nights, just thinking it was due to being in a plastic bag, but it just became overwhelming. Then we investigated. Now, I am seeing the same company advertise "Formaldehyde free!" Ugh. Ugh.
  • Sunset
    It's actually a wonder any of us are still alive with all the things secretly slip into our food, merchandise, cosmetics & hair dye. I'm still not going to run around with gray hair & not wearing makeup & fingernail polish.
  • Moonlitnight
    Me neither. I get that 7-free nailpolish that behaves quite normally and nas very little nasty stuff in it. All my makeup is organic or close to. No parabens or pthalates or toluene etc. Sephora is doing a great job of making sure their vendors remove these chemicals from their products.
  • Sunset
    Thanks for the info, I'll look into these.
  • Moonlitnight
    You are welcome. https://www.pacificabeauty.com/products/7-free-nail-polish I usually wear the 7th one, Pink Moon (well of course!) Moon has always been my nickname. I just bought Blushing Bunnies. It is the most beautiful colour and a little more subtle than in that swatch. Just click on it for the big pic in the bottle. Swoon!
  • BeatA
    oh my I got
    Some Memory foam for our guest fouton once. Had to air that sucker Out for a couple Of week. Yikes that was nasty!
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, and incredibly unhealthy.
  • Vee1028
    lol...I kept looking for mine there after I sent it back but it was never there. I seriously think she just sold it again as new. It was RW Crowd Pleaser and I knew pretty quick that it was too dark and would have to go back so I hardly touched it. I still have no idea if I liked the style or not!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.