• Moonlitnight
    I gave my fluff a good blow dry this morning (it took 30 seconds) and I am pleased to report that, the areas that were damaged by the topper clips are now filling in. As well as the massive fall, I am seeing new hairs, so I am assuming the fall is being replaced by hair in the anagen phase. Here's the problem! My front hairline has receded 1/3" and looks terrible. Where the wig bands are, my hair has been completely rubbed off. I am clueless what to do here as the soft wigbands cause migraine. I have been trying to pull the wig further down my forehead and glue it but that rim-pressure seems to be there still. I have just put some virgin liquid coconut oil laced with rosemary all along my hairline to reduce friction.

I am sure someone here will have a brilliant suggestion. :pray:
  • Katooshie
    Got2b keeps ths band from rubbing on the hairline
  • Moonlitnight
    That's what I am using Kat. The Got2B lower down on my forehead. Gah! My hair is so weak.
  • Misty
    I am so sorry to hear this Moonlitnight. I tried a Milano wig grip but it was very obvious (to me) under the mono top and lace front. It also placed a lot of pressure around where your hairline would be. I put it on, and had it off in under four minutes.
    I am allergic to glue and tapes, so don't know about this.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Misty :heart:
  • Sunset
    I hate the Milano wig grip, it bunches up under a wig & I don't ever wear it. It has also caused me headaches. I see so many love this grip, so I'm glad it's worked out for them.
  • Vee1028
    I had mine on and back off in about 4 minutes also! It just looked very evident to me that I had something on underneath my wig. Just like #sunset above it seemed to bunch up under my wig too. Not a good look.
  • BeatA
    I never thought I would be glad
    To have no biohair, but I am. It always looks
    Great to have not being on under the mono tops, and when I stitch in some
    Silicone patches it helps the wogs stay put and once in a while
    Some Got2B glued dabs and I’m Good to go. There ya go: Glass half full!
  • Sunset
    I can definitely see advantages to having no hair. My hair is so baby fine & slick it's really very difficult to keep under a wig. I can't stand wearing a wig cap, they are hot & end up causing me a headache. The wig grip doesn't work out for me either. I just let my bio hair fall under the wig because I know it's going to end up falling down anyway.
  • Misty
    Yes I bought the one with HH lace front so I could potentially turn any wig into a lace front. I have tried to wear it a few times around the house, it just doesn't look right at all. :hearts:
    My silicone sheet has arrived, but now I am interstate, so I will have to wait until I get back to try it :smile: I will let you know how it works for me.
  • Vee1028
    oh, I've never seen a wig grip with an attached lace front. That sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.
  • BeatA
    ues that does
    Sound interesting. Let
    Me know and post pictures I can imagine how this would work/look
  • Vee1028
    I love so many of the basic cap wigs. This could totally work to make them look more natural.
  • Misty
    It is called the Milano Iband with wig grip attached.
    Attachment
    Milano Iband (100K)
  • Vee1028
    thanks.... I looked at 3 different videos of this product and just cannot see it being nearly as useful as it's price would make you believe. Interesting though!
  • Misty
    I have tried to wear it a few times around the house, it just doesn't look right at all. :hearts:Misty
    Yes Vee, I bought it at a 30 - 50% salle off, about a year ago. It just doesn't look right though, I think if your hair was darker, it might work better??.
  • Sunset
    I would think it could still bunch up on the sides & the back.
  • Erzsike
    I am sorry this is happening to you and feel sad that I have no suggestions. I am sure we will all keep our thinking caps on!
  • goldcapp
    Sorry to hear about this,. Moonlight! Unfortunately, no suggestion from me. Sorry!
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you for your responses. I am really wearing my wigs low on the forehead. Perhaps if I occasionally wore a topper, it would help but I have hair growing back in the bald patches caused by the clips and I don't want to compromise that. xo
  • Vee1028
    you're probably right. It could definitely still bunch up.
  • Vee1028
    I'm sorry it isn't working for you. Was there not much color choice or did you just order the wrong color?
  • Misty
    Hi Vee I ordered my correct colour (the colour in the link is on the site, not what I bought) but when I try and use the band, there is a distinct line where my my wig meets the HH. Hard to explain. When I get back home at end of week, I will post a photo so you can see, and maybe someone can give me some advice. I tried a number of ways to get it looking "right" but it looked like faux hair. It did stop the wig riding up on the back of my neck.
  • JanetG
    Moonlight, I have a bald patch right in front where the topper clips in despite the fact I added additional clips to try and prevent this from happening. And I just haven't found either a wig or a wig cap that doesn't cause intense pressure. I am not totally sure which is causing it. I, too, have to pull the wig low on my forehead and to me it looks unnatural. [sigh]. Not sure what to do. I love wearing toppers, but I am not sure my hair will come back in at this point where it broke off from the clip. And by the way, I am new to the forum for the most part. Still finding my way.
  • Vee1028
    Hi and welcome to the forum! I have no answer to your problem or for #Moonlitnight. But, just wanted to welcome you here and hope you visit with us often! What color are you wearing in your profile picture? Very pretty!
  • JanetG
    The color I am wearing is me. That picture was the only one I had at the time. However, since then wearing helper hair is mandatory. I will be with my daughter this weekend and she will take an updated pic. I won't do selfies. They break my too close rule for photos.:) I wear now the JR Essentially You topper #56. Always back-ordered. Not one of my friends or extended family has realized it wasn't my hair. I am not in the closet. I didn't ask for hair-loss. It is just one of many many things that can happen in life. It is just more emotional. If someone asks I tell them. If they don't so be it. I cut bangs in the topper, so most think it is just a hairstyle change.
  • Moonlitnight
    Hello Janet, and a big WELCOME. Glad to have you here. This topper business is very frustrating, isn't it? I actually prefer toppers to wigs as they look less flat on my head. I hate permatease but all wigs seem to either have it, or be flat. What topper do you have? I have Milan by Noriko and also the drop-dead gorgeous Long Mono by Belle Tress (I am wearing this in my profile pic). It has a lace front. The Milan doesn't. I ended up with two very large patches of hair loss where the two front clip of the Milan went. The hair is growing back now. A couple of weeks in from starting to wear wigs, I noticed my hairline receding. I was wearing both Brandi (no lace front) and Spotlight (lace front) at the time. I am wearing them lower now and look silly, but I can't stand that receding look. Like you, I don't actually feel pressure so am unsure of what is causing the loss other than something rubbing against the hair. When did you last wear your topper, if you don't mind my asking? It took my hair maybe six weeks to start growing back in. (I've been dousing it in minoxidil and singing to it.)
  • Moonlitnight
    They break my too close rule for photosJanetG

:rofl: I hear you! Also, they distort my nose something fierce.
  • JanetG
    I am wearing Essentially You by JR. I haven't worn it in over a week. But the wig I purchased, Blair by JR is blonde, which is okay with me, don't mind wearing another color, but it is flat and the wig cap kills me. Somehow it pulls my "fluff" as you say and it hurts terribly. I have used minoxidil for years any way and still lose hair. But I will try singing to it.:)
  • Moonlitnight
    :) Mine likes Pink Floyd. I also just started dabbling essential oil of rosemary on at night. There is actually evidence that this works to increase hair growth for many people.
  • Vee1028
    well, your hair color is beautiful ! Does the #56 color match well? I totally agree with you on hating selfies! Like moon says I think they distort my nose.
    Am loving the idea of you and #Moonlitnight singing to your hair!
  • JanetG
    zYes the topper matches perfectly. But I don't think I can sing Pink Floyd!!! <pmm;Moonlitnight, I have used the essential oil of Rosemary when I first started losing hair. Saw nothing happen. I hope it works for you.
  • JeannetteB
    oh MLN, I’m so devastated to hear of your issue with the wig rubbing off hair at the hairline! It’s something that I had not taken into consideration in my quest for the perfect wig. If you remember, I’m the one with thinning at the hairline. It never occurred to me that the wig itself might perpetuate the problem.
    What are we going to do??
    I’ve been so excited this last couple of days because I’ve decided on the wigs (2) that I will be ordering on Tuesday. Now I’ve come to a screeching halt and not sure how to proceed.
    So you’re saying that you tried wearing the wigs lower on your forehead to avoid friction at the hairline right?
    On the other hand, I’m so happy for you that you see new growth where the clips had pulled out your hair.
  • Vee1028
    not everyone's experience will be the same. I have worn wigs for over 2 years and haven't noticed any hair loss. Try your new wigs for a while and see how they affect you if at all.
  • Moonlitnight
    Hello Jeanette. I hope you had a great time with your family. Now listen up
    ( :) ) I have exceptionally weak hair. When I call it "biofluff" I'm not joking. The solution is to place the front of your wigs just below your hairline and never, ever use glue on your actual hair. I think that is where I went wrong. I placed it right on the front of my head, in the hairline. Also, there are dozens of women with hair on this forum and I seem to be the only one with this issue. What wigs are you ordering? I am EXCITED for you!
  • Moonlitnight
    You used the rosemary oil, and it didn't work for you. Darn! Foiled again. I will still use it for a while with my massager and the minoxidil and the ACV/green tea blend in the mornings.
  • JeannetteB
    thank you Vee. I was just going to ask if anyone else has experienced what moonlit has. I’ve always worn a swim cap to protect from chlorine when I swim at the gym, but anymore, I’m afraid to wear the cap for fear that it will further harm my hairline. So I haven’t been swimming in a long time the thought of not being able to wear a wig for the same reason is making me lose my mind. I thought I had it all figured out and everything would be right with the world.
  • JeannetteB
    thanks moonlit. I still have another week here in NC but I checked my email and saw this new from the forum and of course I had to sneak a peek
    I’m thinking of Julianne and Rachel both by Jon Renau. I still need to decide on colors. I want two different colors and I’m in the process of figuring out what my skin tone/undertone is so that I can choose colors that will compliment me. How do you all figure that out? I don’t want to make a costly mistake.
  • Moonlitnight
    I love those two wigs! Those and Sarah, although I prefer the look of the shorter two that you mention. I have the JR colour wheel. It gives you an OK idea of the colours but you need to see them on the actual wig to determine how they are blended.

I think I may have mentioned before that there is really no such thing as a costly mistake with wigs.com as they have a great return policy. https://www.wigs.com/apps/help-center#!return-policy Then, if you used Paypal and you have registered for their Return Shipping on Us program, you don't pay the return shipping costs either. It's like private try-ons in your own home. I likely told someone else this and not you. My brain is trying to absorb and give out too much these days!
  • JeannetteB
    Oh right you did mention that to me. I think I misunderstood it though. You mean sign up for return shipping on us through PayPal? ’ll try to remember it this time around, thanks ;)
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes. You have to just go to Paypal and sign up before you buy anything that you will later want to return. (You can't sign up after the event.)
  • Misty
    Thanks Moonlitnight, you helped me out with this just recently. :hearts:
  • Gingersnap
    Thanks for the PayPal info. Had no idea but will definitely go that route from now on. But what about that $25 “restocking “ fee? I haven’t returned anything lately but recall that in the past I’ve had to pay that. Really sorry about your hair loss from the clips. You wear long wigs don’t you? They can be heavier than a short wig and that bit of extra weight can cause problems. Those of us with baby fine hair have to be so careful. I think the most helpful thing you are doing is the minoxidil.
  • Vee1028
    there is no restocking fee when you exchange a wig for credits at wigs dot com. If you return for refund there is a $5 handling fee if the item cost $100 or less, a $10 handling fee for items over $100, and for human hair over $300 there is a $25 and Link fee. If you purchased from the Outlets store there is a 10% processing fee
  • Gingersnap
    Thanks for clarifying that Vee. Where do the wigs from the outlet store come from? Are they returned, overstocked or what?
  • Vee1028
    as moon said above, they are both Overstock and returned wigs. If they have been returned they have been cleaned and restyled according to their site.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Thanks for posting this. I was considering purchasing this (iband lacefront) - but Vee mentioned that you had tried it and the search resulted in reading your posts. Saved me some $$. The videos are so convincing. But I have had difficulty with the head grips in general so I will pass.
  • Misty
    The wig grip definitely held my hair in place, and stopped my wig creeping up the back of my neck. Sadly, there is no way I could get the lace front of the iband to look good. The wig sat on top of the iband (after the lace front) and it looked exactly like that. No way to disguise it. Maybe because I wear blonde it stands out more than the darker colours.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.