• KB7707
    Hello everyone, I’m a fairly new to the forum, I read discussions most everyday but have never posted a comment or asked for advice... I’m 56 years old and have been a wig wearer since the eighth grade. So 40 plus years... I have alopecia so wigs are a everyday thing for me... I have worn very BAD wigs in the beginning but thank goodness wigs have come a long way over the years! I have read some great tips and advice for wig care. BUT I need advice on a NEW style for me! I currently wear Cameron by Rene of Paris in Maple Sugar- rooted... I absolutely love the color but I’m really tired of the style!! The longer sides seem to frizz easily and the nape gets very stiff and kinda sticks out and you ca almost guess it’s not real hair...I would like to ask if anyone has any suggestions for a new style that is similar, but not to short....I like a bang, and hair covering my ears...I would appreciate all the help I can get... my son is getting married in March next year, so I want to look my best..
  • Moonlitnight
    Welcome to the forum KB7707. That's a sweet pic with the baby. :hearts: I know that many people will answer you here as many wear shorter styles. I don't, although I have to say I really like United by Ellen Wille and Stop Traffic by RW.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Hi and welcome KB! Lots here wear the shorter wigs, so I'm sure somebody will chime in with a great suggestion. I agree with Moonlitnight, United is super cute!
  • Shar W
    I am thinking the same. United. It's a great style. I love Ellen Wille wigs.
  • Misty
    Hi KB7707 and welcome to the forum. I wear longer styles so probably not much help iwith your query. I agree with that there has been a lot of positive discussion regarding United by Ellen Wille and Stop Traffic by RW.
  • KB7707
    I love Stop Traffic... what color would you recommend to be as close to Maple Sugar-rooted?
  • Vee1028
    hi and welcome to the forum! I think the RW color 12/26H or Honey Pecan may tbe as close to Maple sugar as you will come in that wig.
  • KB7707
    thanks for the compliment on the sweet baby!’ My Granddaughter Teagan!! She’ll be 7 months old this Thursday!
  • BeatA
    you know with wig.com’s excellent return policy you should try something a little bit
    Longer and give that a whirl.
    I am 56 years old
    Also and was sticking to shortish to mid length wigs and then got a longer style wig and came out of the wig closet. I also have alopecia ( totalis) and wigs are a must.
    I also have some bloodshed wigs and a reddish strawberry wig and I just ordered two darker wigs as well. I decided to have some
    FUN! I mean why not come
    Out of the wig closet? It’s not
    Like I have an STD. Alopecia is not
    Contagious and nothing to be embarrassed about so why not have a a great hair day every day? And certainly on your sons wedding day!
  • KB7707
    I have shared with several people my situation and I’m sure more suspect but won’t ask... I’ve had several “ bad outings” over the years, grown adults can be very cruel!! But I have a very supportive husband and family. I also do get a lot of compliments on my hair and most say they would have never known it was a wig if I hadn’t told them... I guess I’m just self conscious..
  • Sunset
    So cute!! I have four grandchildren & they are so precious. I never thought it would be so much fun being a grandmother.
  • Sunset
    I sometimes order wigs that are longer than I want because I like the way the top is. I just cut off some length to what I want it to be. It's too bad we can't pull down our shorter wigs & make them longer like you could do with some dolls hair. (LOL)
  • BeatA
    yes. I’ve had the same experiences. But now at age 56 I decided I just don’t care anymore what others think. Well.... mostly anyway.
  • BeatA
    yes they should have some extra hair hidden in the cap that would be fun!
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh she is lovely, with her big bow! You are blessed! :love:
  • Moonlitnight
    grown adults can be very cruel!!KB7707

Sadly, yes, they can.
  • KB7707
    Thank you!!’ I AM blessed for sure!!
  • KB7707
    I guess I never thought to do that!! Now I just have to find a hairdresser in this town that can trim a wig
  • KB7707
    And you would think women be more understanding to another woman’s situation, but they aren’t he worst!!
  • KB7707
    I messed that last post up!! You would think women would be more understanding but they ARE the worst
  • KB7707
    she is the only one I have right now, but I can’t wait to have more!!!
  • Sunset
    It's really actually very easy to do yourself. There's lot of videos on youtube showing you how. You can also go to a hairdresser if you don't feel comfortable, but once you do it once or twice you won't be afraid to do it. I cut my own bio hair also, I finally figured out it's not going to look any better if I go to the very best stylist. It looks the same when I do it & that's not good. I still have the same baby fine thin hair. I'm saving a lot of money & time doing it myself, & now I use my savings buying wigs.
  • Sunset
    I like to tease my daughter & tell her to have just one more. She's already had four, so she's says NO MOM, I'm not going to have anymore.
  • Sunset
    You would think full grown adults would know better & not be so rude. Little kids are actually nicer usually. Let's be happy to know we aren't like that; I enjoy being kind and nice to people.
  • Moonlitnight
    Well me too! I don't get why anyone would be nasty to another, especially with all the unrest and hostility in the world. I believe we are here to be of service to others (while respecting ourselves of course). That includes other lifeforms.
  • KB7707
    Amen girls!! I’m so glad I found this forum. I FINALLY have someone I can talk too!!!
  • Sunset
    Yes, you sure do have many of us to talk to now. You found a great place, and we completely understand all hair issues. I'm so glad I found this forum; I had to keep all this to myself before. People who have never had hair issues just don't understand, & I don't think they ever will.
  • Vee1028
    check to see if there is a wig shop near you. Not only will you be able to try out some new styles and colors, you can also ask there about who , near you, is experienced in cutting wigs.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Awww, your grandbaby is sooooo precious, how adorable! I'm not a grandma yet, but I so want to be.
  • BeatA
    yeah o wonder why that is?
    Btw you can fix your post just
    Go to the three dots at the bottom
    Then tap On the pen and edit Your post. I type
    All Mine on my phone so there are lots of
    Typos and for some reason it keeps starting a new paragraph and capitalizes the next word. I can fix the paragraph but I’m too lazy to fix all the capitalized words, which is why my posts look a bit randomly capitalized.
  • CC711
    Hi & welcome! I’m fairly new to wig wearing and also wear the Cameron. I stumbled upon May by Noriko and alternate them. I did cut a shorter wispy bang into one of my May’s and find it resembles Cameron but still offers a change. I also like that Rene of Paris also produces Noriko & Amore so I can purchase the colors I like across all 3 brands. I must admit that when I first got May I didn’t care for her. I had to play with her a bit but am so glad I did. I get compliments on both of them all the time!
  • KB7707
    thanks, I have looked at May several times, I hesitate because I like to have some bang.. I need to find a hairdresser that is comfortable cutting wigs. I live in a small town and I attend church with several beauticians, I’m just really not comfortable asking for help! I may order and just try and see how she looks then decide.. I wear Maple Sugar-R and it’s hard to find a color match in other wig brands.
  • VocalEyes
    Hi! Welcome to the forum! If you're looking for beauty waves, I EW Girl Mono which I loved! I wore her as my everyday wig so after 6 months I had to say goodbye. I've seen Stop Traffic by RW which is cute. I also like Talent by EW with the waves at the bottom.
  • KB7707
    Thank you, I love this forum.
    It’s helped me in a lot of ways. I looked at those 2 wigs. That a little fuller than I’m comfortable with. My Cameron is very straight, I would have to go to something like that gradually, but thanks for the suggestion... I’m checking all recommendations out!!
  • VocalEyes
    Good luck in your quest and have fun looking. Don't feel pressured. If you ask your family or friends each one will have an opinion on a different style. Pick what you feel is right for you.
  • amyonwigs
    I LOVE my Audrey by Rene of Paris. I think she is a shorter version of Cameron. If you'd like to see a pic on me, I can post one!
  • KB7707
    please do, I’d love to see it!!
  • KB7707
    The stock picture looks a little to short for me!!
  • KB7707
    Definitely cute!! Stock picture looks a lot shorter. Thanks.
  • amyonwigs
    I have a short face--only 7" from hairline to bottom of chin.
  • Twinkle
    Hi!!! I just saw this post! I think Bailey by René of Paris is fabulous!! You will need to get it layered just a touch, but I love it!!!
  • Twinkle
    That cut is soooooo adorable on you!!!
  • Vee1028
    I believe Shaded Toast may be the closest you will get to maple sugar in a RW wig. Also, Have you checked out Codi, by Amore or is that too much like Cameron?
    I have to agree that RW Stop Traffic looks really cute. Much prettier than it looks in the stock photos.
    One of my favorite styles for weddings (I've worn it to two of them now as well as an awards banquet) is Gabor's Everyday Elegant. It looks better than stock photos also and a bit dressy. I can't tell you how many people compliment me on my hair. even my sisters didn't realize it wasn't my own hair. Take a look at the video on wigs dot com.
  • Lulu
    I'm also 56 years old, and my daughter is getting married in September. I usually wear Jon Renau Annette, but I just ordered Echo by EW in Hot Chilli Mix. I'm looking for something different for the wedding.
  • VocalEyes
    I love the look of Echo. I think Hot Chili Mix would look great!
  • KB7707
    I used to wear Bailey a few years ago and I loved her.I got tired of her and wanted a change... Thanks though!!!
  • KB7707
    I have really considered Stop Traffic and I think maybe I will try her at some point.. my all time FAVORITE wig was Sizzle in strawberry glaze by RW, but it has long been discontinued and it was a short style. Now I kind of tend to stay with a length that comes a little longer than chin length but I am open to going just a bit longer. And I definitely like a bang...Nothing drastic.. I’m really leaning towards Hunter by Estetica.. the stock picture is HORRIBLE but I ordered her already and loved it, just didn’t get the right color!!! These different brands are really hard to color match...thanks for your suggestions though, I checked them all out!
  • Twinkle
    totally understand! Have fun!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.