• Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Moonlitnight
    I haven't but one of the human wigmakers out there does a "steam perm" if you want waves on your new piece. I looked it up and it involved boiling. So I guess it can't be too damaging!
  • Deleted User
  • Moonlitnight
    I am not sure if all of the steam perms involve boiling but this lady makes incredible HH wigs. I will ask her what hers involve. The good thing is that this is often used on HH to give kink or curls and it involves high heat.
  • Sunset
    I'm only guessing, but I would think you could use a steamer on HH since you can use curling irons & flat irons on them.
  • BeatA
    @Alex Kautz yes I have. I used it on Chelsea with rollers. Put rollers in first. Then steamed it and waited for it to dry ( just like I have done for synthetic) and it came out with nice waves.
  • amyonwigs
    With human/synthetic blends, I'd be careful with steaming. You want to make sure you always dry any piece with human hair fully before going out in this (Dallas) humidity. Leaving human hair to air dry will cause some moisture to get trapped in the cuticle. When exposed to humidity, that moisture will be released and cause frizzing. I'm not real familiar with combination wigs, but it's just something to consider.
  • Deleted User
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i love the fact that we are all becoming hair stylists :). I have more hair styling tools now than in my whole life. A wig head and i am buying a wig styling tripod. Thinning scissors / rollers - steamer - good cutting scissors - ugh. I wish i could say it was fun - but for me not so much.

Worth it when i end up with something i can wear for months. I really need a wig room:)

Someone could make a fortune starting a wig styling business if they were good and reasonably priced. I have never had a wig that did not need customization before introducing her to the world.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have everything now except for the scissors and an ounce of talent. I have decided to cut my RW Spotlight #1 short! I will do it in stages.
  • BeatA
    yeah the talent is lacking for me too. I bought a Rylee from a Envy on eBay and I did not like the layering it reminded me too much of the 70/80s so I took the scissors to it and it ended up like a boy cut. It’s wearable but I probably won’t wear it. I’m attaching the photos just for fun. dgjr0fy0te1cunrw.jpeg
    wnzfgxmkfenhd90t.jpeg
    wtba6xaj4lkrs7ec.jpeg
    One before and two after. Maybe I’ll try to sell it or wear it to the gym.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    you are actually one of tye best stylists on here. It is amazing what you manage to do. You inspired me to buy steamer and rollerd.

I actually like the front of this wig on you but not so sure about the back. Perhaps just a very little wave in back? I usually wear my old wigs hiking and to the gym - and pool. They wear really fast once thy hit the activity role because ny head sweats a lot when i workout.
  • BeatA
    yeah I don’t like the back either. It got shorter and shorter as I went along.... should have probably tried to resell it.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    the funny thing is that 3 months later - sometimes one i wrote off looks good to me. Example is naomi. I bought 2 to have a backup and after a few weeks i hated it. Almost donated. 6 months later i took it out of the box and really liked it again - so i styled the second one. I tend to use it for dinners etc because it looks a bit less casual than ny everyday - and it was also more $$.

So now i wait a few months and revisit before throwing out.
  • BeatA
    you’re right but this one is pretty much ruined but in general yes you’re right! Definitely!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.