• linda
    Ive read a lot here on the blog regarding various opinions about heat defiant wigs vs. regular synthetics.
    And Ive learned a lot. Im new to "wigs" but I know enough not to get to close to the oven or washing machine, etc., for fear of damaging a piece. Which Ive done. Now I have a "heat defiant" wig. Should I be equally cautious with a HD?
    Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
    Linda
  • marieni84
    I am curious about this as well. I do catering on the side, and wonder if a heat defiant wig would hold up to the heat from cooking/ovens etc. I have been wearing Brooklyn synthetic wig by Henry Margu, and after only 3 weeks, I feel like it is already showing some frizziness in the front on the ends. I don't know if that is from normal wear or if it is because I have gotten too close to the heat from the oven. Do people who work around kitchens/catering only wear human hair wigs?
  • linda
    Yes I would really like to know. I would think it would frizz the hair. I also try to stay clear of dryers and washers as well as steam fro cooking.
    When I think of it while cooking I'll tie a scarf on so that it looks fun, but does the job of protecting my hair.
  • Vee1028
    I am as careful around ovens and the BBQ grill with my HD fiber wigs as I am with my normal synthetics. Ovens get much hotter than the recommended temperature to use on these HD fibers.
  • Jnc
    When I open my oven, I stand back to let the blast of hot air out first. I did however frizz the bangs on one wig with steam from the oven. Made me mad. I don't know if any of my 3 wigs is HD or not. Think I will look for that the next time I buy one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.