• Cathe Lartigue
    Changing it up a bit here! Son Number One flew in from LA today, daughter, her fiancé and their puppy are en route from China’s I write this and Son Number Two arrives from NYC tomorrow. I’ve v en cooking, baking and prepping and the meals start tonight! Tonight It’s duck l’orange, potatoes sautéed in duck fat and Brussels sprouts with shallot and cranberries. I made a cheesecake for dessert. Tomorrow is Vietnamese Lemongrass chicken. Christmas dinner is Tenderloin of Beef, mashed potatoes, more Brussels Sprouts and lots more! The only meal left to plan is Christmas Eve. And I cook with no hair and lazy-day clothes! How about you?arpvnixs9bu6uqh0.jpeg
  • PennyC
    Wow! You are a COOK! Your meals sound unbelievably delicious.
    1 - I'm Jewish and 2 - just getting over pneumonia, so I'm enjoying just making normal meals. Poor Hubby was heating up frozen dinners while I languished in my sick bed. I did have to skip a birthday dinner, so maybe I'll make New Years's doubly special.
  • Cathe Lartigue
    I hope you had a Happy Hanukkah despite being sick! Lol—the Jewish half of my family orders Chinese in a Christmas if they aren’t visiting!!!!
  • Debbie
    You look absolutely beautiful and oh so confidant. This is our first Christmas in our new home in Las Vegas and all the family is in California so I am keeping this year very simple. I just may cook w/o my wig hat and just makeup on myself! Always concerned about that heat from the stove and my “hair” anyway Thanks Cathe, Merry Christmas
  • PennyC
    Cathe, I'm dying to see a picture of that wig for the contest...the sketch looked so nice, but that photo was way too zoomed in.
  • VocalEyes
    I cooks sans wig as well!
  • Cathe Lartigue
    Thanks Debbie! I cooked sans wig but the wig I wore ( can’t mention the brand here) turned out to be a great choice because it was lightweight and with all the guests and all the food, it became quite hot!!!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    hi - why can’t you mention the brand name? I frequently see brand names even if not sold the this vendor. Always interesting info. Helps with future choices.

Happy Holidays.
  • Cathe Lartigue
    Added a reply but was shut down because it wasn't a vendor that was not sold by wigs.com
  • Happy to ve Retired
    wow - this is not the space it used to be. Still has some value but not as much ad it used to. Cannot expect customers to only buy from wigs.com when they dont sell all brands. It is an info exchange that i value because we are all learning.

So sorry to hear it was shut down. I did not know that rule. Seems like people used to mention alternative brands but i think things have just changed.

A lot less activity too.

Anyways - thanks for all of your sharing.
  • dc21
    This board was set up to promote wigs.com, not necessarily as a "safe place" for hair loss sufferers to exchange ideas. That is ok, as long as they are honest about it. There are other boards fortunately to exchange ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
  • Cathe Lartigue
    It's worth a try. It was Carrie by UniWigs Lavivid Collection!
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Most of us buy quite a bit from wigs.com - but i think expecting us to 100 percent buy from them is unrealistic. When this board first started there was a much freer exchange. It was more fun to learn thing about what works and perhaps more importantly - what does not work. But i understand the purpose is to promote wigs.com - just not sure if that aspect has much value to the users. I need to check out some other places to get info:)

Happy New Year!!!
  • Darren - Wigs.com Team
    Hi Both!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

The only thing we do not allow is blatant advertising with direct web links. Feel free to mention any and all brand names. Use a hyphen or dot if you need to break up the word to prevent it being caught by the spam filters. E.G: Uni.Wigs or Uni-Wigs... most people know to search in Google.

It has already mentioned that in our forum rules: https://www.wigs.org/page/forum-rules

I'm so grateful to have you both part of this amazing community!

Thanks
    -Darren
  • Happy to ve Retired
    thanks for clarifying the rule. Your explanation was my understanding which is why i asked. Very glad to hear that this is allowed. Online shopping us tricky so information is vital.

Happy Holidays!!!!
  • Darren - Wigs.com Team
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS LADIES! :smile:
  • Gretabern
    Talking about cooking while wearing a wig. I’m so afraid to expose my wig to the hot fumes when I open a hot oven door. Your wig can get fried and frizzled in a second. I entertain a lot and what do you do in this case???
  • dc21
    Just stand to the side when you open the oven door and let the intial blast of heat escape before you remove your dish. Do the same for pots on the stove as you let the steam escape when you remove the lid. You don't need to wear HD to cook if you take those precautions.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.