• Youngatheart
    Hi everyone,

Need some advise on what to do with a wig I really like, but am troubled with short hairs sticking straight up from the crown. Do I cut them? I tried to heat up my hands to keep them down, but they pop up anyway.

Thanks,
    Young at heart
  • PennyC
    That's probably permatease, and if possible, smooth some of the hair in front over it.
  • Misty
    If you have a steamer, practice on an old wig first, and let the steamer steam the hairs down in the direction you want.
  • Youngatheart
    Misty,

Thanks for the information on steaming. I never knew that was an option. Will try.

Thanks again!
  • Klavisha
    I have several monofilament top wigs which came with ample flyaways at the top. That is different from permatease. A bit of styling product like the Jon Renau piece-out cream, used very sparingly, helps hold them down. But my son noted that a bit of messiness makes a wig look more realistic, like natural hair.
  • Lolls
    I spray wig hairspray onto my fingers to smooth the short hairs. Works very well for me.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.