• animallover
    I have been wearing as my go to wig Textured Fringe Bob in Shaded wheat. SS14/88. I love the color. It has bangs and is a basic cap which is fine with me. I have a few longer wigs but hardly ever wear them, almost never. I like the shorter ones for many reasons. I like the less care of them and they seem to last longer. I would like to try Ignite as it is similar to what I wear now but with longer bangs and a lace front. It is such a cute style, I think. It is the color that I am having trouble with because of the lace front. My RW and Gabor lace fronts are so nice and don't show but I had once ordered a JR with a lace front and it looked like a band on my forehead....I returned it for that reason. Do any of you have a lace front of a JR wig in Laguna Blonde? And, if so , does it look like a band? I have looked to no end on utube but it is hard to see up close on the lace front. Thank you in advance!!
  • Jayne
    I bought Haute in Laguna blonde and YES it look like a band. JR does not put the blonde next to the face like Rachel Welch. I tried plucking the hairline, and even cut more lace off, but it still looked very obvious.
  • animallover
    Thank you so much!!! You have saved me time & $$$. I was worried about that band but was hoping that in this particular color there wouldn't be one. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question!! :love:
  • Jayne
    you're welcome! Hopefully Jon Renau will improve on their hairlines and add more blonde. Honestly, even my Rachel Welch wigs have a bit of a band of blonde then abruptly goes to the darker root color. I wished all the blonde rooted wigs would kind of zig-zag or blend the two colors at the hairline better. Maybe one day! :smile:
  • dc21
    I am a JR girl, but the rooted blondes do not have a natural hairline, especially the 8 and 10 roots. The 12 and 18 roots aren't as stark across the forehead. I wear bangs to solve that problem. Raquel's hairlines are beautiful, but I think equally unnatural at times with the shock of all blonde at the hairline in her rooted blondes. I bought a Tressallure Mia in Mimosa Highlight and the front lace was beautiful as it was a mixture of blonde and the rooted color, very well done.
  • Iluvmyhair
    I have Ignite in one of the CA blonde colors and love it. Because the bangs are long and swoopy, the lace front really doesn't even show so the issues w/ JR lace fronts on *this* wig is not a problem for me. But yes, on other JR rooted wigs I've purchased that have more of an off-the-face style, I do not care for the quality of the lace front.
    You may love Ignite - I do! It's a very edgy, fun, short wig!
  • Jayne
    good to know! I've never tried this brand. How do their caps fit. I have a 22 inch head, but my wig grip makes it closer to 22-1/2 inches.
  • dc21
    I put the Tressallure Mia on, and it definitely has some stretch and should accommodate your circumference. I can't speak for the brand in general if the sizing is consistent for all of their styles.
  • Jayne
    consistency doesn't seem to be in wig makers vocabulary! :wink:
  • animallover
    Thanks everyone for your much appreciated input! I didn't order anything............still deciding on the color. I maybe would like to try Palm Springs but don't want too much gray............yet. The models picture looks more blonde but a picture posted by a member a while ago showed a lot of gray....which looked great on her but I'm just not there yet.......hubby has to get more gray than he is before I "debut" my gray hair! LOL
    I really would like to try Ignite though and also Lizzie by ROP.....I have always had longer hair but with wigs I tend to like the much shorter styles more for my lifestyle. In Lizzie I am looking at Vanilla Lush or similar but still just don't know which color for Ignite.....missed the sale and now will wait for another. Thanks again!!
  • Jayne
    palm Springs and vanilla lush are both ashy-grayish. Laguna is really yellow. Everyone seems to love 12FS8 in Jon Renau. Show a photo of your decision. Ignight has to be a top seller-very flattering!
  • dc21
    12fs8 is such a beautiful blonde in the HD. I do not like the regular synthetic 12fs8, but the HD version is awesome. The dark rooting, number 8, ruins it for me though. I like subtle, not so harsh rooting. I will not darken my brows to wear darker roots. I would buy an unrooted blonde and add roots. The lighter unrooted blondes have better front hair lines.
  • Lady with Hair
    Just received my first Ignite in 12fs10, Malibu Blonde and it is beautiful! The rooting is lighter than the 12fs8 that I normally wear.

6djgg0jckbrxpq9z.jpeg
    Ignite rooting in 12fs10.

davobb63pdbk9s3z.jpeg
    Eve rooting in 12fs8.

Hope the pics come through alright.You can’t go wrong with Ignite, the cut is beautiful and the fibers have very little “shine” and looks very real!
  • animallover
    Oh, thank you so much for posting some pics. They help so much in trying to see "bands" and looking at colors. One question, does Ignite's bang/hair fall in your face at all? I have some wigs that I love the style but I cannot stand the bangs falling in my face. I really like the shake and go wigs because I don't have the time, patience or talent to play with training a wig. Thanks again!!
  • Lady with Hair
    I am actually wearing my Ignite for the first time at work today and the bang has not been an issue like I thought it might. I did add a little back combing to it and it is staying nicely. I DO need to make a correction to the color that I listed the pics in yesterday. The Ignite with lighter root IS Malibu Blonde, but the number is 12fs12 not 10.
  • Diana
    This wig is such a beautiful color. It is a great color on you.
  • Jayne
    very helpful photos!
  • Lady with Hair
    Thanks...that’s a super vote of confidence on the color, as I’m never quite sure if it’s right or not. As we age our skin tones change so much. I was a natural brunette my whole life but have gone blonder recently. Still not ready for grey!
  • Diana
    I am so with you. It is really a beautiful shade of blonde.
  • Jayne
    I was born a Ginger, then found out after becoming allergic to hair color, my Irish hair went nearly black with a bit of gray. Shocking! I'm venturing into ashy blondes so I can "dip my toes into the gray-ish pond." I recently read *it's not gray hair, it's my silver lining!* Color is so important, yet tricky!
  • dc21
    The Malibu Blonde HD is gorgeous on you!
  • Lady with Hair
    That is so sweet of you! I appreciate it...a LOT!
  • Lady with Hair
    so true about colors...cool warm, dark light rooted...sooo many choices!
  • animallover
    I want to order Ignite in Laguna Blonde on this sale but am so hesitant.............the latest reviews say it has to be tamed........I don't have the time or talent to "tame" it....I need shake n go. :sad:
  • Jayne
    yes, I don't think Ignight is a truly shake & go style, butilities if you really want it & adore the way it looks, it may be worth an extra couple of minutes? Let us know & send photos if you buy it!
  • animallover
    Thanks Jayne - the more I read about Ignite the more it seems to need some taming. The fiber looks beautiful as the color Laguna Blonde but I really need "shake n go" for my lifestyle and my limited "hair" talents..........I work over the road, (in a semi) and my bathroom is a cab so I don't have the space or time to tame. I have Play It Straight by RW which is gorgeous but it sits in my closet at home unwearable because the "hair" is constantly falling in my face and I just hate that. I have tried to tame it but to no avail. Same with Kendall by HM. Just a waste of money for me. You most likely will not see any pics posted by me, I am quite shy but I love those that post and I envy them their higher self esteem than I have. Pics help so much for styles and colors! Thank you all for posting pics!!
  • Lostfrog
    Have you tried a little claw clip or a bobby pin to keep the hair out of your face on those wigs? I use little bobby pins in almost all of mine to keep the "curtain effect" from happening every time I bend over. I don't even remove them at the end of the day so I can pop the wig back on in the morning, brush and go. Saves me restyling time.
  • Jayne
    good point! I never wore "hair accessories" in my baby-fine hair, but since I am wearing wigs & toppers, I have a nice little collection of Claw clips, no-slip bobby pins, combs and decorative clips!
  • Jayne
    I understand! Too bad your route doesn't take you into places with a wig shop so you could try on a bunch! I had a flippy-shake-n-go wig from (don't laugh) Amazon that i LOVED and got SO many compliments on. $13.00. You read that right! They stopped carrying it. :cry: Rachel Welch has easy styles & she has the best lace fronts (if that's your preference). Keep us posted!
  • alicexm
    I’ve also started wearing headbands to corral side bangs. There’s a site on Etsy that carries a wide selection of light weight bands. Reasonably priced at ~$5.
  • animallover
    Funny thing is we stayed overnight in a parking lot right next to a huge wig shop in MO.....my hubby kept asking me if I wanted to go in but I was scared to death to......created tremendous anxiety in me....it was early on in my wig life but still I should have just bit the bullet, so to speak!
    Thanks for the suggestions! I do have a few clips but I have never been a hair accessory person so it takes a little getting used too. I have a few headbands too, all of which I will have to try using again now and then.
    I probably will end up getting Ignite just because I really think it is a cute style. Maybe, just maybe, the sideswept bangs will NOT be a problem!!
  • PennyC
    I was nervous too, but when I went in, I realized that these were my people and everyone there understood! It was quile liberating. Since I was getting ready for chem with a mastectomy in the works, I also got a chance to familiarize myself with all the goodies they carried for that situation.
  • Lady with Hair
    I finally ordered ignite and have worn her for just a week. I find that she is really easy to wear, but the nape is snugger than my other Jon Renau wigs ( Kristen and Catherine). I’m hoping the cap stretches a bit. My head measures 21”. I think you would like her though, really stylish and I find she’s a good shake and go for me. Best of luck on your decision.
  • Jayne
    so happy you like Ignight!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.