• Amber
    You know when you're pregnant, and then everyone all of a sudden tells you all about "That one girl that was pregnant and..." Or you're ready to go on your first cruise, and your brother has to tell you about the story he saw on 20/20 about all the people gone missing on the Carnival Cruise Lines?

Well, we all love alternative hair, but why not have a little fun - -
    Not to scare anyone away from the faux hair world...cause we all know it's BOMB.COM
    I'm a fan of those memes that can make fun of all situations, and I totally fear my hair flying off in a wind storm, or a few weeks ago I posted a meme showing a gal going down a waterslide with her wig sliding down 10 feet behind her. (LOL)

Do you have any #facepalm moments with hair wearing that you want to brush under the rug? Well, don't brush! Tell!! We all wanna hear! Maybe we will all be a little more careful, or perhaps head to wigs.com and purchase some wig tape and adhesive to make sure that puppy is nice and secure!! ;)

I have an 8 month old baby, and if you know babies, they love to pull hair. My biggest fear right now is the possibility of him totally doing the whole #wigsnatched thing and yanking that thing off when I least expect it. And that little stinker would!!

Tell me your fears! Have any cringe worthy experiences? Let us all learn from yours!
  • Cathe Lartigue
    Yeah and I just sent you a message! I absolutely ruined my Carrie lace front wig. It didn't wash well. I'm still really upset because that wig was my top wig of 2017 and it just didn't wear as well as it should have. The horror part is after it dried, it still looked bad. I figured it was the ends. So I cut it. Now, mind you, the last time I put scissors to hair was when my daughter Oona was five and I made an attempt to trim her bangs. I cut her eyelid and it was a trip to the ER. At 28 she still insists on reminding me about my lack of hair styling talent. The wig is now in a state of straw-like tresses my last resort will be to purchase a steamer. LOL!!!
  • Amber
    Oh my! This is so odd! I have never heard of this! WOW! Was the water hot or too warm? I typically use cool running water. Hmmm... that's terrible! Especially because the fiber of the Carrie Lace Wig is soooo soft! I'm so sorry! Have you contacted the person who sends them to you?
  • Jgroberts89
    It’s not exactly a horror story but... I went to dinner with our oldest grandson (22) and his new girlfriend wearing a wig for my first time ever. I have a BIG head and I also have long hair to get under it. The whole meal I felt like the wig was gonna launch off my head
  • Shar W
    When I had my very first topper, I had only wore it once. Everyone at work was telling me how much they love my new hairstyle. The next day, I was using the flat iron to straighten by bio hair. I was shifting things around on my bathroom counter and proceeded to put my make up on. All of a sudden I thought" What is that smell?" I looked around and OMG! My topper was laying on my straight iron melting. I quickly grabbed it and assessed the damage. I thought, no way I can't go to work without it on since everyone noticed my new look. I was horrified. I was able to trim some of the burnt edges and blend it. But I was self conscious all day. I was able to stop at the wig shop and buy a new one. I learned my lesson and I will always have a back up just in case.
  • Trish
    I was jet skiing with my boyfriend and at the time didn't know I wore wigs was going a bit too fast and my hair flew off into the water fortunately I grabbed it up before it sunk and put it back on my head he had no clue what had happened I had to laugh about it !
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Trish
    I did not know that I should of been filming haha
  • Lori1959
    This wasn't me - but a wig wearing friend of mine. She was sun tanning on a grassy site in a park and no one was closeby, so she took off her wig and had it beside her on the blanket. A hawk swooped down and flew away with it!!!! I guess it thought it was small animal! OMG. :)j2k2oq3q7ej7hqeg.jpg
  • Amber
    omg!! that is a scary feeling!!! love the word LAUNCH! the image in my head of a wig launching was epic!
  • Amber
    oh no!!! that's terrible! yes! back up is a must!! melting hair...yum!
  • Amber
    omg! holy cow! you really dodged that one! I can't believe he didn't notice a thing! hahaha! I'm sure you laugh at it now!
  • Amber
    are you kidding me? was it an expensive human hair wig? i'd be livid! I'd be tracking that dang hawk down and getting muh wig back! LOL! So funny and so sad!
  • sillysonjia
    Back in the 1960's my oldest sister, Janett, used to wear wigs and wiglets all the time and everywhere. We were at the Santa Cruz Beach/Boardwalk and she decided to ride the "big dipper", a huge old roller coaster, with my other sister. As the coaster started to come to the end of the ride I noticed that both of my sisters where pulling at Janett's hair. Apparently the wig came off during the ride (never to be found again) and they were pulling the bobby pins out of Janet's bio hair that she pinned hundreds of pin curls into. We all had a great laugh.
  • Moonlitnight
    OMG lol! That happened to my friend's fuzzy hat, only it was an owl that swooped down from a tree and nabbed it off her head.
  • Katooshie
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH That has got to be the BEST wig story EVER! Too bad it wasn't captured on film! Someone should write that into a movie script!
  • Amber
    that is HILARIOUS!!! never to be found again! I wonder who found it and what they thought?!
  • Katooshie
    I once had a bird swoop down and steal my bar of soap off the picnic table when I was camping...but stealing a wig!!! I can see how it can happen! It probably thought "A ready made nest down there! Wooohooo!"
  • Deleted User
  • Moonlitnight
    Mwahahaha oh dear "a tumbleweed" :rofl: I am glad it all ended well.
  • Moonlitnight
    That is brilliant! I love your resourcefulness with the Bobbis. I had something embarrassing happen with a wig patdown this weekend. I was out with the friend who has been super quiet about my wig in a hypercritical way...funny looks and so on. We were in an organic food supermarket when she spotted someone doing muscle testing, where they push down your arm and you try to resist. He told her she had problems with her thyroid (which she had already told him) and flogged her $160 of products including iodine. He wasn't even a naturopath. Anyhow she kept pushing and pushing for me to do it even though I didn't want to. So I told this fella that I had daily migraines and what did he do? Asked me to raise my arm while he PUT HIS HAND ON MY HEAD. Brandi has lots of permatease, so my head feels like a padded blanket. He kept prodding and poking while I cringed and then said that my skin was very thick on my head and that I had a problem in my brain. I thought, "Yes, I do. I agreed to do this in the middle of a store with people looking." Ugh! Ugh!
  • Vee1028
    OMG!! Yours is the most horrifying of all the stories here. Thankfully you think fast on your feet! I would have died thinking the TSA agent might pull it off.
  • Vee1028
    I am laughing so hard right now that tears are literally running down my face. I died when I read that he said you have very thick skin on your head and a brain problem! I'll be laughing all day.
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, in retrospect, it is rather funny. But I was terrified at the time. :smile:
  • Vee1028
    You know, I thought about halfway through writing my comment that this could not have been nearly as funny to you as it seemed to me. I know you must have been horrified!
  • Katooshie
    good idea with the bobby pins out front!
  • Moonlitnight
    Lol Vee. Can you imagine? I actually asked him to remove his hand. A few people were watching. He clearly didn't want to remove it so I sort of ducked down and hot-footed it to the cashier.
  • Amber
    bwahaha! It's 2 am and this made me crack up. It looked like a tumble weed!!! Hahaha. This is so funny!!! OMG!
  • Deleted User
  • Katooshie
    LOLOLOL TUMBLEWEED!
  • Moonlitnight
    I vote the "tumbleweed" comment as the funniest of the week. It's just so visual :rofl:
  • Deleted User
  • Deleted User
  • Rainbow18
    I have a horror story, which now, 25 years later I find hysterical...maybe you will too. When I first started wearing wigs, I didn't know where to get them. I found an ad in my local newspaper of a woman who would come to your house, take pictures from you of how you used to look with hair, and find 'the exact same wig style' for you...No one would ever know you had a wig on. She took about a month to get that wig to me, It was the wrong color, it weighed about 15 lbs! Didn't look like any style I would ever have worn, and it was amazingly uncomfortable. But by then, I really needed a wig to cover the bald spots. So, I bought that wig from her (I never used her again) .

Anyway, I went out with a friend for the day and she drove. She stopped at a stop sign, and someone came up behind us and hit us. It was such a hit that my wig (which I actually had forgotten about in enjoying the day out with my friend) lurched off my head and landed in my lap. And since I had forgotten I was wearing it, I screamed....ARGHHH! IT"S A RAT!!!

My friend and I were in shock for a split second and then started to laugh hysterically. She then got out of the car to confront the guy who hit us, but she was laughing. He must have thought she was nuts. I never got out of the car...I was still laughing though. And laught about it every time I tell that story!
  • Deleted User
  • Moonlitnight
    LOL! 15 pounds? That's even funnier. My sister used to wear one of those wigs. It looked as fake as could be and smelled strange. My mother used to say it was musk ox hair.
  • Katooshie
    HAHAHAHAHAH created visual image for me that I will cherish! Alex with a tumbleweed on his head!
  • Katooshie
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH "It's a RAT!" That was super funny!!
  • Amber
    dying. can't get over the tumbleweed. the vision in my brain.
  • Katooshie
    same! I giggle throughout the day thinking about Alex our hair son and his tumbleweed hair!!
  • Amber
    its so funny!!! wish i could have seen it in person!! ;)
  • Katooshie
    jgh3n5x4vj20wapm.jpg
    O its BACK!!!! Hahaha
  • Amber
    haha! I have this on my Instagram!
  • Katooshie
    Great minds think alike! :)
  • Deleted User
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.