• Misty
    Hi everyone, I am interested in what time/day it is for you now. I am in Brisbane, it is Wednesday afternoon and almost 3.00pm.
  • AMC1111
    You are in the future Misty!!!… Send me back stock market tips!!! :smile: I’m in the Monterey Bay area of California, USA so we are 18 hours behind you (GMT -8)... No Cheeky dingos here but lots of deer, raccoons, opossums, squirrels and butterflies!
  • Misty
    Your part of the world sounds so beautiful! Now I am back in Brisbane, we have wild deer, possums, and our native bird life is noisy and plentiful. Not to mention the odd python that hangs around.
  • AMC1111
    Sounds nice there too... I will get to Australia one of these days!!!… I used to volunteer at the zoo in San Francisco and helped take care of a wide range of animals including a cute little wallaby!!
  • Misty
    That sounds so special! The partner of one of our staff is a wildlife carer. She used to hand-raise orphaned wallabies, and now does the same for our native koalas. The aim is to release them back into the wild once they reach a certain weight and are healthy. You must be a very dedicated person to do this :hearts: :hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    I love wallabies and 'roos. Koalas too. OK so it is 6:37 am Wednesday here on the westerly shores of Canada.
  • Moonlitnight

"You are in the future Misty!!!… Send me back stock market tips!!!" :rofl:
  • Uriela
    At this moment it is 4:43 pm in Jerusalem.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Misty
    It is so funny to hear you say that. Here in the land of OZ, we wake up each morning and have to wait for our stock market to be updated overnight from the USA!
  • Misty
    Hi Moonlitnight, it is now 8.44am Thursday for me. Lovely blue sky, just a few small white clouds around at the moment, but expecting full cloud coverage later today.
  • Misty
    Hi Alex, thanks so much for your reply. So it is around 5.45pm Wednesday now for you, and 8.45am Thursday here! So lovely this forum has people from all over.
  • Moonlitnight
    3:52 pm Wednesday for me, misty, sunny with a few clouds coming in, in preparation for the usual RAIN tomorrow xo Thank you for this thread, by the way. It is great fun!
  • Moonlitnight
    Well, that is interesting. I don't think I would ever get used to the Southern Hemisphere! It is actually true that the loo flushes in the opposite swirl and I get that, but Christmas in the summer? My mind won't wrap around that one!
  • Misty
    A lot of Aussies now have two Christmas celebrations LOL, one the traditional hot summer Christmas, which often can be over 100 degrees F, and also a cooler celebration called "Christmas in July", where you can have the lovely hot dishes, and you don't melt in the heat preparing the food! :hearts: And yes, the loo does flush in the opposite swirl.
  • Moonlitnight
    :rofl: I would love to visit there one day.
  • Misty
    It is a very beautiful country. Very different from the rain forest to the outback, to the ocean. When we were first married, we were lucky enough to spend over twelve months travelling around to see the country. Australia doesn't have the mountain ranges you do, our highest mountain is around 7300 ft.

Photo attached from our back veranda at home, we had a big rain event a few months ago and the creek was flooding. The turtles that live in the creek had to hide behind the little island to stop being swept away!
    Attachment
    20171016_063733 (227K)
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh gosh, that is just gorgeous! So verdant.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Misty
    I would love to visit your home town of Jerusalem. My girlfrield and her daughter visited two years ago, absolutely amazing memories for them. Thank you for sharing.
  • Uriela
    Be sure to let me know if advance, so we can meet up.
  • Misty
    Thank you so much :heart: :flower: :heart:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.